Memory Foam

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Adria 5, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Adria 5

Adria 5 Read Only Funster

hi do you use it?

I bought mine from ideal world the best thing i did:BigGrin: worth every penny for a good night kip:rofl:

ray

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Dont need it if you have a queen size bed:Wink:

3. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

we use it and its brill. one of the best things we have bought:Rofl1:

4. Chrisdy

Chrisdy Read Only Funster

Actually, not true. We do have a queen size bed and the Raskalf memory foam topper makes it even more comfortable. Depends how comfy you like your bed to be...:Wink:

5. Sundowners

Sundowners Funster Life Member

6. Pat4Neil

Pat4Neil Read Only Funster

Me too, I have a memory foam mattress at home, so when we purchased the motorhome of which the mattress is rock hard, we brought a 3" memory foam topper. Our bed is even more comfortable that the one at home, all I need now is too get rid of Neil to the other end of the motorhome and then maybe I can get a good nights sleep (bad snoring).

You wont regret investing in a memory foam topper, except maybe if you were in a very hot country as they do warm up a bit.

Pat

7. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

It's really odd. I tried one and just couldn't get on with it, I found the sensation quite unnatural. Our mattress is just placed on the board that covers the engine hatch so it felt really, really firm. We've now got a super soft mattress topper from Ikea and I sleep so much better on that. Of course, the extra glass of red wine might be helping as well :Rofl1:

Regards
    Doug

8. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi Doug are you sure you got a memory foam topper they are as soft (not hard in any shape or foarm) as anything I have ever slept on and also would not be without one :thumb:
    terry

9. Thepips

Thepips Trade Member

Hi Terry,
    Yes it was definitely memory foam. We bought it because our bed was far too firm for us. The memory foam WAS softer but I hated the texture. Maybe I should have persevered with it but after 3 nights without sleeping properly I gave up.
    I'm sure it's me, our friends are delighted with theirs.

Regards
    Doug

10. TJ-RV

TJ-RV Deleted User

Everyone has a different level of comfort. If I don't sleep on a very hard surface, I get serious lower back problems.

One night on the expensive memory foam my wife bought for our bed at home was enough for me to throw it away. I went out and bought a Sleep Number dual-bladder air mattress that allows each side to be adjusted to individual comfort. That was 6 years ago. On a scale of 0-100, my wife has hers set at 35 and I have mine set at 100.

When we first bought our coach it had a foam mattress and, part way through the maiden voyage, I was virtually crippled. Made a trip to the chiropractor to get straightened out, then went to a mattress store and bought an air mattress similar to the one we have at home. That was 4 years ago, and we haven't regretted it.

I'd sleep better on a sheet of plywood than on that memory foam stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2008
  11. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi all speaking of M/F there is a stall at Skirlington sunday market v/close to the bike sales that sells proper 2 ins deep M/F double bed size for £56 that is as cheap as I have ever seen them :thumb::Wink: nothing to do with it just thought it worth a mention
    terry