LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yup thats right the m6 Toll and the caravan club have struck a deal, all vehicles including gurt big RVs go at the £4.50 car rate, PROVIDING you carry a current membership card
Not the expired one like me:Doh: £11:Eeek:
You cant get the discount at the unmanned exits though:Angry:

I think all the non-main exists are unmanned..

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
South of France around Cannes 3 years ago.. 3.5 miles.. £82.00 One reason we will NOT go to the south of france ever again ( and yes, somewhere I still have the credit card detail .. I kept it as a permanent reminder never to return there :Angry: )

Because we are heavy and tall, the automatics rock us in as an HGV, and every bloody toll road down that way was automatic

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
We benefitted from the discount on our way up to Scotland last week and saved on stress (those awful thudding joint strips on the main M6) and fuel with a steady speed maintained throughout.

We came back via the M54 and I missed the junction to exit across to the M6 Toll. We endured heavy traffic, much braking as the day dreamers shot from RH lane to LH lane to exit onto the M5, thudding joint strips etc..

I was so annoyed with the satnag missing the link and the fact that it took us on a tour of Wigan and Warrington in the Rush Hour the day before, because of heavy congestion on the M6, that I ignored it's directions to the M1 and took the M40 instead. We sat in stop/go traffic for 2 hours while the M40 was closed for a minibus accident :Doh:

If you like the Toll route and are a member of the Caravan Club, use it and your card and get the discount. They are logging the Membership No., presumably to see how the scheme works.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We came back via the M54 and I missed the junction to exit across to the M6 Toll.

I use the M54 a lot. There used to be signposts taking you off at junction 2 to join the M6 toll.

Ignore that and use Junction 1.

Take the first exit on the roundabout and drive straight on for about 3/4 of a mile and you are straight on the toll road.:thumb:

Junction 2 takes you round the houses.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back