LPG Gas Adaptor

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by D4ZZ4, Apr 7, 2010.

1. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

Hi, I have a refillable German lpg gas bottle that came with my motorhome and I need to get an adaptor for it to fill up at the petrol station, what I am looking for is a 20mm female left hand thread (I think because it's the same thread as the BP Light regulator) to uk bayonet adaptor. Does anyone know where I can find one?

Cheers

Dazza

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Have you thought long and hard about the safety issues of this. I'm sure I've seen the odd message somewhere that these fillers, sold on ebay, are not entirely safe.

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi ,
    try Gaslow site, they have a German bottle adapter which may be what you are after .. code 01-1674-2

4. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

5. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

Correction

Hi

The size is not 20 mm its actualy 21.8 mm female left hand thread to bayonet that I need. On the bp regulator it also has the number 1,814 I think this is the thread? here is a picture of the part I need.

Cheers

Dazza

Attached Files:

6. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

show us a picture of the threads on the german bottle , then we would know what you ACTUALLY need :Smile:

7. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

The thread is exactly the same as the BP Gaslite regulator thread male 21.8mm

8. lebesset

well , not living in the uk and never having seen the BP product you mention that doesn't help
    is it the same as used to be used in europe years ago and is still used on calor propane bottles ?

would be interesting to see the picture of this german bottle anyway
    btw , all bottles are refillable , question is , by whom?

9. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

It's not the type used on calor bottles, heres a picture of the bp gaslite adaptor, it's the same fitting. I don't have a picture of my gas bottle yet but I can post 1 when I next go to my motorhome, it's a brown/grey kind of colour.

Attached Files:

10. bobandjanie

Hi, looking at the picture, I don't think the bottle will have any threads on it, looks like a clip on valve to me, I would say your bottle is not a refillable bottle.:Doh: Refillable bottles in Germany are the same as we have here on the Gaslow bottles, an inlet with a 80% cut off valve, and an outlet to the regulator or a pig tail to the regulator.:Smile: Does it say on the bottle refillable and any mention of 80% anywhere.:Eek!: Bob.

11. lebesset

well ,as alice said , curiouser and curiouser

the gas out thread shown is a standard european / calor 4.5KG butane dumpy thread , try a regulator if you don't believe me
    to the best of my knowledge it would be illegal to make a refillable bottle with a click on adaptor like this , why do you think this is a 'refillable ' bottle , what brand is it ? does the piece sticking out bottom left of the photo contain a thread ?

if you are correct and it does , I suggest it is to screw in an externally mounted filler that you screw to the motorhome !

photo of bottle maybe would help

12. hymerbeliever

hymerbeliever Read Only Funster

13. atakd

atakd Read Only Funster

That's exacly what they are:Cool:

14. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

Nope I'm not trying to fill a BP bottle or a calor bottle, its a German bottle with a 21.8mm male thread. So what I'm looking for is a 21.8mm female thread to uk bayonet...... I think the confusion derives from the picture of the BP adaptor I posted, this was just to show the thread type on the bottle. I know it's the same because I don't need any kind of adaptors when I use BP bottles, however I do need an adaptor to use calor bottles (I got 2 from Truma in Burton when I had my boiler replaced) I recently discovered that it's the same adaptor as is used for the older "Composafer" refillable bottles (see attached leaflet)

Cheers

Dazza

Attached Files:

15. bobandjanie

Hi, I'm confused now,:Doh: the picture is a plastic refillable bottle, a bit easier to describe than a brown/ grey kind of colour with a sort of clip on valve.:Doh:

Why not just contact the people that make the bottle, and get one posted out. The bottles are made in the CZ. :Eek!: Bob.

http://53trade.com/web/disp_company_product.asp?selectallid=64774&companyid=64004

16. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

Hi Bob, I have tried to contact the email address in the UK and in the CZ but no reply. Also the phone number for the UK no longer exists....

Cheers

Dazza

17. bobandjanie

Hi, I see on the website
    Well MTH are no longer, so maybe that's the same if they were connected, I thought they were involved with a company in Poland. :Eek!: There are a lot of people with the plastic MTH bottles, someone may be able to give advise if they have the same filler. :Smile: Bob.

18. bobandjanie

Attached Files:

19. D4ZZ4

D4ZZ4 Read Only Funster

Hi Bob,

What kind of bayonet adaptor will I need to fit on to this adaptor, what is the diameter of the fitting?

Cheers

Dazza

20. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Hi

I emailed gaslow with your questiion.. :

Can you advise, I have a German refillable bottle with a 21.8mm male thread.
    I'm looking for an adapter, 21.8mm female thread to uk bayonet...

this is the reply

Dear James
    The part you require is our product code: 01-4351 - Euro to UK Bayonet Adapter £22.02 + P&P

Regards - Jacquie
    Gaslow International

0845 4000 600
    0845 4000 700
    www.gaslow.co.uk