LPG at Morrisons, Grays, Essex (1 Viewer)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Does anyone know if there is access for an 8m van to the LPG pump here? I can't seem to zoom in enough on GoogleMaps to find where it is under the canopy. Any local knowledge gratefully received. :)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I don't know about that particular station Maz but I understood all Morrisons had stopped serving LPG to mohos .... would be interested to hear how you get on.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I don't know about that particular station Maz but I understood all Morrisons had stopped serving LPG to mohos .... would be interested to hear how you get on.
Must have happened in the last few weeks then.
We always fill up at Morrisons Ipswich and never had a problem.
There was some chat ages ago that Morrisons had stopped serving MoHo's but it was all a load of 'horlicks'. I asked the staff at Ipswich at the time if there was a problem with supplying gas to motor homes but they said they did a lot of business with MoHo's and were not aware of any problems or company rules banning such sales.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Must have happened in the last few weeks then.
We always fill up at Morrisons Ipswich and never had a problem.
There was some chat ages ago that Morrisons had stopped serving MoHo's but it was all a load of 'horlicks'. I asked the staff at Ipswich at the time if there was a problem with supplying gas to motor homes but they said they did a lot of business with MoHo's and were not aware of any problems or company rules banning such sales.

Richard.
Thanks, that's good to know.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I was planning on filling up with gas there on our way to Burnham-on-Crouch at the beginning of Oct. Maybe I'd better give them a ring first if there's likely to be a problem.

If so, I can fill up at the more expensive Texaco near Leatherhead.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
When ever I am asked what I am doing I use the standard reply.. I am filling the tank of my generator .. Never had a problem at all :)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
I think that is the official position, since that fire somewhere near Manchester a year or two ago. However, it appears that individual staff don't always follow the line.
Not so, according to the staff at Ipswich Morrisons.
When I put that to them a year or so ago they had no knowledge of any ban on supplying motorhomes. (see my post above)
I think this comes into the realms of 'urban motorhoming myth'. ;) So panic not. :D

Richard.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Not so, according to the staff at Ipswich Morrisons.
When I put that to them a year or so ago they had no knowledge of any ban on supplying motorhomes. (see my post above)
I think this comes into the realms of 'urban motorhoming myth'. ;) So panic not. :D

Richard.
I just had a look back and came across containing a statement from Morrisons :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Seems Morrisons have short memories ;)
More likely that, as with many companies, they fail when it comes to training and communicating with staff :)

For example, we went into a branch of Asda with some batteries for recycling a few weeks ago to find no bin available. Neither the manager and his deputy had a clue that providing a bin was a legal requirement.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
image.png
image.png
Does anyone know if there is access for an 8m van to the LPG pump here? I can't seem to zoom in enough on GoogleMaps to find where it is under the canopy. Any local knowledge gratefully received. :)

Street view of morrisons grays ( London road /eastern road )

Not sure how old the street view is

There are two BP garages ON THE A13 at Stanford le hope I think when I lived there 2 years back they did gas

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thanks for that, tofo. After all the comments about Morrisons I think I'll play safe and fill up at Leatherhead Texaco on the way.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
View attachment 124834 View attachment 124833

Street view of morrisons grays ( London road /eastern road )

Not sure how old the street view is

There are two BP garages ON THE A13 at Stanford le hope I think when I lived there 2 years back they did gas
Not any more, fairly sure they have stopped LPG sales. Haven't been there for a few weeks due to the jams and roadworks at M25 junction. Due to finish soon, can't be too soon for me as the jams are incredible.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
No problem at Morrisons Kings Lynn.

They did check for A Frames though!:)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
When I spoke to the two filling station assistants at Morrisons Spalding, they also said that there wasn't a problem with MHs filling with Autogas. (y)

@maz. Aren't there any Flogas depots near you, or on your route Marian?

https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists?f=no-cylinders&q=Essex

https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists?f=no-cylinders&q=Leatherhead

Other than Countrywide Farmers, you'll struggle to find Autogas anywhere else cheaper than Flogas...............here in the UK. ;)

Good luck with the search,

Jock. :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When I spoke to the two filling station assistants at Morrisons Spalding, they also said that there wasn't a problem with MHs filling with Autogas. (y)
We filled up at Spalding (without asking first) in May last year. Very convenient pump arrangement meant we could fill with LPG and Diesel without moving :)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We filled up at Spalding (without asking first) in May last year. Very convenient pump arrangement meant we could fill with LPG and Diesel without moving :)
And they've got two HGV deisel pumps, where you can pull on with a 44 Tonner. (y) Used it many a time. ;)

Cheers,

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011

@maz. Aren't there any Flogas depots near you, or on your route Marian?

https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists?f=no-cylinders&q=Essex

https://www.flogas.co.uk/stockists?f=no-cylinders&q=Leatherhead

Other than Countrywide Farmers, you'll struggle to find Autogas anywhere else cheaper than Flogas...............here in the UK. ;)

Good luck with the search,

Thanks for that, Jock, but the Flogas stockist at Leatherhead is the Texaco filling station. There are no depots along my route.

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I filled up at morrisons grays a few weeks ago. My unit is just under 7.5 mtrs,no issue's with access or forecourt attendents.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
Although I live close to Grays, I haven't used the Morrisons for gas as the two BP garages on the A13 at Stanford were always more convenient. However I can confirm that they have recently stopped selling gas.

Looks like I'll be using Morrisons from now on !!!

Reactions: maz
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Haven't been there for a few weeks due to the jams and roadworks at M25 junction. Due to finish soon, can't be too soon for me as the jams are incredible.

Really ? I thought that & the A13 lot were scheduled to run until December 2017 ? Throw in the Gallows corner as well .............:( Makes you wonder who organises all this stuff.

OP
OP
maz

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I filled up at morrisons grays a few weeks ago. My unit is just under 7.5 mtrs,no issue's with access or forecourt attendents.
Thank you - that's good to know. (y)

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Thank you - that's good to know. (y)
Your welcome, enjoy your trip to B.O C.We often go there for a day out as its only 35 mins away.Hope the weather stays good for you.

Reactions: maz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back