Lenny's off again Germany, then wherever (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
One thing I've noticed in France this year is in some towns where they have reintroduced give way to the right they now have stop signs & lines on the main road. So if you are travelling on the main road you you have to stop at each side road, much safer.

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Also both German & France used to be the European leaders in recycling. Both have almost given up in the areas we were in, only bottle banks and occasionally paper recycling.
To some extend I can understand Germany where have deposits on nearly all cans & plastic bottles.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Fire Cooking GIF by HECKLEIN

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
One thing I've noticed in France this year is in some towns where they have reintroduced give way to the right they now have stop signs & lines on the main road. So if you are travelling on the main road you you have to stop at each side road, much safer.
It’s about bloody time the EU club got its a##e in gear and harmonised the traffic regulations, god knows they’ve had enough time to do it🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😤

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
It’s about bloody time the EU club got its a##e in gear and harmonised the traffic regulations, god knows they’ve had enough time to do it🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😤
The UK is one of the few counties that does not have give way the right. Nearly every country in Europe have it, just more relevant in France. Even North America has it.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
The UK is one of the few counties that does not have give way the right. Nearly every country in Europe have it, just more relevant in France. Even North America has it.
Only come across it once in Holland and France! Never come across it in Germany Austria Switzerland or Slovenia!🤔

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Only come across it once in Holland and France! Never come across it in Germany Austria Switzerland or Slovenia!🤔
Try taking your blindfold off when driving.
Have you not noticed this sign when driving into German towns.
Screenshot_2023-10-26-18-23-04-82_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

That means you have proirty, the same sign with a black line though it means you don't have proirty and have to give way to the right. Also quite often it's give way to the right if there is no sign.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Try taking your blindfold off when driving.
Have you not noticed this sign when driving into German towns.
View attachment 827923
That means you have proirty, the same sign with a black line though it means you don't have proirty and have to give way to the right. Also quite often it's give way to the right if there is no sign.
Well I haven’t hit owt yet🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️😁😁😁

I mean c’mon dad, how ‘kin stupid is it to stop the main flow of traffic to let a side street out🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Thank you Lenny HB for a wonderful journey through Europe. You seem to have an uncanny art of finding superb Aires.

If only I had time to make up a 'Lenny's List' on my S4S account from your places it would give us some superb choices when we are over there.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Enjoyed following your trip Lenny.
Thanks for taking the time to post (y)

PxJ

Dec 1, 2021
Bottesford, Nottingham, UK
Funster No
MH
BESSACARR 442
Exp
Another fantastic trip, (for us following), amazing picture, brilliant information & thank you for taking the time to share as I can imagine it takes quite an amount of your valuable time to do these post, many thanks 👏

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Me Too! The shadows in some your pictures got longer as time marched on, so it must be time be to be heading home, until next time.
Thanks Lenny & Mi(y)
LES & TinaL

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
Did fancy the Taj Mahal but we have eaten out quite a lot lately so someone objected, wasn't me.

View attachment 818394

That'th very bad mannerths, but prethumably you were waiting for the thoup or thomething thoft.

Dentures c.JPG

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
Also both German & France used to be the European leaders in recycling. Both have almost given up in the areas we were in, only bottle banks and occasionally paper recycling.
To some extend I can understand Germany where have deposits on nearly all cans & plastic bottles.
In Germany most supermarkets now have "reverse vending machines" in the entrance foyer. You feed in your empty cans and plastic bottles (that get sucked in on a conveyor belt) and the machine prints out a voucher (25 cents per item) that you can use to pay towards your shopping at the supermarket checkout.

I found feeding the machines to be good fun, but can imagine the novelty might soon wear off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back