Lenny's off again Germany, then wherever (2 Viewers)

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Heading for Germany to change our 10 year old Alugas bottles, then follow the sun if it comes back out.

Nice start peeing down at Newhaven and blowing a gale.

IMG_20230919_162500.jpg

Sue and Rick

Free Member
Apr 20, 2022
Brighouse, UK
Funster No
MH
Autoquest 155 2016
Exp
Since 2020
Heading for Germany to change our 10 year old Alugas bottles, then follow the sun if it comes back out.

Nice start peeing down at Newhaven and blowing a gale.

View attachment 811309
That’s a familiar view. Enjoy the trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Lenny HB

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Great start to the trip, Air suspension packed up.
When setting ride height (I always keep it on the drive in the lowered position) took ages to get to ride height and didn't quite get there, had a look and looked OK for driving so we set off.

After a mile or so it locked it's self in service mode anyway we carried on thinking we can call in on the guy who installed it in Belgium.
It was a bouncy choppy ride to Newhaven.

As we approached the port I thought when it was trying to level I didn't remember hearing the compressor running. Me thinks this could be expensive or it could be just a fuse.

In the queue at the port I popped the bonnet took the cover off the waterproof fuse holder for the fuse that feeds the compressor.

Fuse and fuse holder were melted, took a fair bit of effort to extract the fuse. Not impressed 40 amp standard blade fuse.

Anyway I know the compressor takes 30 amps and largest fuse I had was 30 amps manage to force a fuse into the burnt & chard holder.

Volla Air suspension working. :dance2:

Will pick up some 40 amp fuses tomorrow and fit a new fuse hold when we get home.

Last edited:

Razamataz

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2018
Dunfermline, Fife, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7400plus
Exp
Since March 2018
You a
Great start to the trip, Air suspension packed up.
When setting ride height (I always keep it on the drive in the lowered position) took ages to get to ride height and didn't quite get there, had a look and looked OK for driving so we set off.

After a mile or so it locked it's self in service mode anyway we carried on thinking we can call in on the guy who installed it in Belgium.
It was a bouncy choppy ride to Newhaven.

As we approached the port I thought when it was trying to level I didn't remember hearing the compressor running. Me thinks this could be expensive or it could be just a fuse.

In the queue at the port I popped the bonnet took the cover off the waterproof fuse holder for the fuse that feeds the compressor.

Fuse and fuse holder were melted, took a fair bit of effort to extract :dance2: the fuse. Not impressed 40 amp standard blade fuse.

Anyway I know the compressor takes 30 amps and largest fuse I had was 30 amps manage to force a fuse into the burnt & chard holder.

Volla Air suspension working.
Will pick up some 40 amp fuses tomorrow and fit a new fuse hold when we get home.
you are a genius
I am glad I know you (sort of)
pal of Big Tam is a pal of mine😉😉😉safe,happy travels 👍

Sep 28, 2021
Worcester, UK
Funster No
MH
LMC premium I650G
Exp
35y tugging + 2 in Motorhome
Have safe travels and a good time😃
where’s the new Motorhome🤔

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+

Fuse and fuse holder were melted, took a fair bit of effort to extract the fuse. Not impressed 40 amp standard blade fuse.
It’s simple isn’t it Lenny when you know the possible cause and where to look and yet Sooo many have no idea, it’s mainly the Old guys with a lifetime’s experience that are never faised.

Have a great trip.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Have a great time, both👍.
Wetter.de says its going to be cool until Sunday, but very warm and sunny after that 🤞.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
Have a great trip 👍 Hope that’s the only hiccup you get and you have a lovely trouble free adventure :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back