Learn to crochet? (3 Viewers)

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Due to the non arrival of the ribbing I didn’t finish the hand warmers. But I’ll be doing them on Tuesday when I’m home from my daughter’s.
I felt exactly the same initially but full timing in the van, I soon got over it though. I do miss my big coffee table/ art books though 😊

My reading has seriously suffered since I started spending so many hours a day crocheting or stitching, which is why my TV/ film addiction is so well fed 😬
I mainly listen to audio books now as I’m always knitting, cross stitching or crocheting.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Due to the non arrival of the ribbing I didn’t finish the hand warmers. But I’ll be doing them on Tuesday when I’m home from my daughter’s.

I mainly listen to audio books now as I’m always knitting, cross stitching or crocheting.
I really should start doing that but as I’m invariably in the van the TV wins 😊

I have finished the Elf wreath which should give our post lady a laugh if nothing else 😬

205D73B4-CC49-4677-8F96-EE640AD5EA20.jpeg

I have also made myself some wrist warmers inspired by Sewandsew which are very cosy in this weather.

00B2F72F-0E01-4DE0-A342-E8E442A0A3FE.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Mum is shopping with my sister and has decided to get 4 ply yarn, a complicated pattern and circular needles. Mum said to my sister that as I always use circular needles it can't be that difficult.

No doubt when I see her next I will be given a gift!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Mum is shopping with my sister and has decided to get 4 ply yarn, a complicated pattern and circular needles. Mum said to my sister that as I always use circular needles it can't be that difficult.

No doubt when I see her next I will be given a gift!
Mum’s can make any comment sound like an insult 😆 At least you can make good use of it should it be gifted 😊

Feb 26, 2022
Funster No
MH
Geist
I really should start doing that but as I’m invariably in the van the TV wins 😊

I have finished the Elf wreath which should give our post lady a laugh if nothing else 😬

View attachment 695907

I have also made myself some wrist warmers inspired by Sewandsew which are very cosy in this weather.

View attachment 695908
They look really lovely. You won't want to take them off.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Hello everyone I seem to have missed most of December's Learn to Crochet so I'll have to pop back some time and read them. I just came on to ask Helen scousebird if she follows Maisie and Ruth. They are offering a free pattern for a crochet baby coat with hood which could be right for Thora. Arabella baby coat and more patterns to follow.

I have had my crochet bag packed for the past five weeks expecting to be whisked back into hospital. I have had a severe pain under my ribs which could have been any number of things but after numerous tests and yesterdays endosocopy it appears to have cured itself. Although I don't remember doing any injury it seems I must have had some inflammation and as one gets older it can take up to six weeks to heal.

Six weeks of dust and dirt have accumulated so I'd better not linger here. Off to see why my 'alerts' haven't been working.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hello everyone I seem to have missed most of December's Learn to Crochet so I'll have to pop back some time and read them. I just came on to ask Helen scousebird if she follows Maisie and Ruth. They are offering a free pattern for a crochet baby coat with hood which could be right for Thora. Arabella baby coat and more patterns to follow.

I have had my crochet bag packed for the past five weeks expecting to be whisked back into hospital. I have had a severe pain under my ribs which could have been any number of things but after numerous tests and yesterdays endosocopy it appears to have cured itself. Although I don't remember doing any injury it seems I must have had some inflammation and as one gets older it can take up to six weeks to heal.

Six weeks of dust and dirt have accumulated so I'd better not linger here. Off to see why my 'alerts' haven't been working.
Glad you’re feeling better x

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012

Thanks Aunty Pam, I'll have a look.

Good to hear you didn't need a hospital stay. Take it easy though, not too much dusting :xwink:

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Morning all (just 😬),

Thought I’d show you my latest spur of the moment makes.

As a family we are pickle mad and especially at Christmas so I had an idea …..

6B404E25-062F-48C7-986D-9B04E2E61511.jpeg

Not 💯 sure they are a success but I think they’re quite cute ☺️

I hope all your Christmas crafting is coming along x

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Ashleigh bought me this for Christmas
View attachment 700272
She mentioned making one of each for Thora, there's 25 patterns so it may take me some time :xlaugh:
So it’s a gift for you that’s really for her 😆

I love doing Amigurumi (sp?) but there’s only so may you can make for yourself and the few friends that appreciate it.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Today we got our Christmas presents from John's older son, delighted with a purelight crafters lamp, should be able to see the pattern on john's navy aran now.
That's if i ever remember where I 'put it away' for Christmas.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Made this , it’s a mastectomy pillow, one of the WI ladies asked last year if we would consider making them . A couple of our members are giving a talk at our next meeting on their breast cancer journey, I am taking one of these along to show what we could make for local hospitals. I am making a cutting out template and instructions to make it easier for others to also make them.

40AE4E01-00AD-44CB-B2CD-9DA22DF2D3B7.jpeg

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Made this , it’s a mastectomy pillow, one of the WI ladies asked last year if we would consider making them . A couple of our members are giving a talk at our next meeting on their breast cancer journey, I am taking one of these along to show what we could make for local hospitals. I am making a cutting out template and instructions to make it easier for others to also make them.

View attachment 704946
I made a few "ouch pouch" pillows (pattern on line) a few years ago.

My Mum said hers was "dreadful" and "useless" but other ladies liked them and the MacMillan nurse asked for more and the pattern so she could ask others to make a few.

(Typical Mum really ..... and she wonders why people avoid her)

Last edited:

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
My Mum said hers was "dreadful" and "useless" but other ladies liked them and the MacMillan nurse asked for more and the pattern so she could ask others to make a few.
We had never thought about making them but one of our members said it was the most useful thing she received which has galvanised us into adding it to our crafty makes this year (y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Here is a link. It is called, "anti ouch pouch". Sorry I got the name a bit wrong initially.

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Jenben Caroline - Each sewing group I've been involved in has made heart-shaped cushions - sometimes as pillows with washable covers. The Big C Centre in the Norfolk & Norwich Hospital offers them to their patients and we were encouraged to make some in suitable colours for men. Mine was useful when travelling in the car or just sitting around but I think the Anti-Ouch Pouch with straps has a lot to commend it because the heart is tricky to keep in place.

I have the pattern for the heart cushion but I think it's also available on line.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back