LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Well I am now on a mini mermaid production line here for my swim mates as a home made Christmas gift.
B87AEC90-219E-4040-B757-D4C895883CDC.jpeg

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Well I am now on a mini mermaid production line here for my swim mates as a home made Christmas gift. View attachment 690822
Lovely! They will make such lovely personal gifts. I’ve rather abandoned my little embroidery after a decent start. Story of my life too easily distracted by other projects.
Love the mermaids.

My Christmas present project. Just completed.
They are beautiful!

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Lovely! They will make such lovely personal gifts. I’ve rather abandoned my little embroidery after a decent start. Story of my life too easily distracted by other projects.
I know what you mean ! I am quite liking doing a bit of embroidery but what do you do with it when it’s finished ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I know what you mean ! I am quite liking doing a bit of embroidery but what do you do with it when it’s finished ?
Quite a few people in my groups have a wall in their house and display them, I think they can look really effective when they are different shapes and sizes and subjects. Not so easy with limited wall space in the van though 😊

I confess I have umpteen finished cross stitch pieces I love but are crumpled up in a bag somewhere because I don’t know what to do with them.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
I hope you share the finished cushion Ven as that looks so special as a gift .
That’s a representation of what it will look like I hope. Although my colours will be slightly different. She loves her garden and has a little conservatory with chairs so I hope she’ll like it for there.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
I hope you share the finished cushion Ven as that looks so special as a gift .
I will do, it will probably be quite near Christmas though 😏
View attachment 690887Daughter saw some crochet mittens at the Christmas market £30 a pair. So I thought I’d try and make some for Christmas for her. Quite pleased with my first effort, they are very cosy
I would have been very happy if I produced them first time I tried!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Ven that cushion is gorgeous.

My Mum is getting a new chair (rise and recline) to be delivered in January we think. I'd love to make her a set of cushions in a similar theme as the cushions she has are in even worse condition than her existing chairs...... What a job we had to get her to order one new chair - Martin ended up threatening to pay for it himself but it would have to be in teal to match our chairs and would need her will changing to make sure it remained our property!!!!!! She ordered chestnut.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Ven that cushion is gorgeous.

My Mum is getting a new chair (rise and recline) to be delivered in January we think. I'd love to make her a set of cushions in a similar theme as the cushions she has are in even worse condition than her existing chairs...... What a job we had to get her to order one new chair - Martin ended up threatening to pay for it himself but it would have to be in teal to match our chairs and would need her will changing to make sure it remained our property!!!!!! She ordered chestnut.
There’s so many lovely cushion patterns to buy. This one is not too difficult but lots of little fiddly bits to make.

Make sure you make your mums ones in the right colours 😊

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
There’s so many lovely cushion patterns to buy. This one is not too difficult but lots of little fiddly bits to make.

Make sure you make your mums ones in the right colours 😊
Mum's carpet is straight from the 1980s. There are so many colours you could spread pizza over it and no one would notice.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
I still have "Under the Sea" to finish and someone asked me to make Harry Potter plus broom (gave me the kit to do it) and I also have another blanket part made but I have no enthusiasm for anything at the moment.

I've made a few Christmas cards but nothing extraordinary.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Boring might suit me at the moment.

I have not bought either pattern yet but left them in my basket at the checkout.
The main cover is just sc repeats, lots of little elements with a 2.5mm hook though if it’s the same as the one I’m doing x

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Hello everyone
Just thought I’d share a few things I’ve been making lately.
I (foolishly) decided to make all 7 grandsprogs Christmas jumpers. Actually the foolish thing was telling them that’s what I’m doing as now I’m being hounded and some of the parents have decided they also want one 🙄
Anyway they look a bit like this. Hoodies with thumb cuffs for the adults and older children - 12, 10 and 9 - and round necked, normal cuffs for the 8, 6, 3 and 2yr olds.
1DE6BE23-4446-4A39-B233-7B26A6362363.jpeg

FA53E6C9-DABB-4851-AE90-28E642048F03.jpeg

In the evenings I’m doing a CAL of this overlaid mosaic crochet blanket called Wintry Forest as I wanted to learn the technique. Turns out it’s quite simple and effective but I wish I’d known there was a reversible method as I’d have done that. Hey ho. Next time.
9DC055CF-E6E1-480E-8F1D-90BA79C660D5.jpeg

Christmas pants as requested by the 3yr old
613E4877-01DA-44C6-83E9-C1E45C99CDA1.jpeg

I’ve also got a pile of cut out cushion covers and ties (they took ages!!) waiting for the cushion pads and zips to arrive to make seat pads for the kitchen chairs.
27C7A88F-3701-4DB8-9CF1-054E9A79BB11.jpeg

And I just received a Cricut as an early Christmas present so I’m a bit busy at the moment!

Hope everyone is ok X

OP
OP
snailtrailer
Oct 18, 2012
Wortham Diss
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
Motorhomed for almost 7 years - now going nowhere!
Offagain That's an impressive collection even without the adults. I couldn't make out the last picture - it looked like deep frozen runner beans. Lucky children.

I am still spending too much time organising and reorganising my work room, starting things and then abandoning them because something more pressing comes along. I have finished a Wonky Houses quilt and a Christmas table runner - all as a result of joining a new Quilters Group. Another example of things pushing themselves to the top of the list. I'll take a photo later.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
I couldn't make out the last picture - it looked like deep frozen runner beans
It’s a pile of cut out cushion covers with the ties to attach to them (which are probably what you think look like runner beans!) as they’re going to be seat pads for my kitchen chairs.
The cushions and zips should arrive tomorrow at which point I’ll finish them and apply to said chairs.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hello everyone
Just thought I’d share a few things I’ve been making lately.
I (foolishly) decided to make all 7 grandsprogs Christmas jumpers. Actually the foolish thing was telling them that’s what I’m doing as now I’m being hounded and some of the parents have decided they also want one 🙄
Anyway they look a bit like this. Hoodies with thumb cuffs for the adults and older children - 12, 10 and 9 - and round necked, normal cuffs for the 8, 6, 3 and 2yr olds.View attachment 691692
View attachment 691697
In the evenings I’m doing a CAL of this overlaid mosaic crochet blanket called Wintry Forest as I wanted to learn the technique. Turns out it’s quite simple and effective but I wish I’d known there was a reversible method as I’d have done that. Hey ho. Next time.View attachment 691694

Christmas pants as requested by the 3yr old View attachment 691696

I’ve also got a pile of cut out cushion covers and ties (they took ages!!) waiting for the cushion pads and zips to arrive to make seat pads for the kitchen chairs.
View attachment 691693

And I just received a Cricut as an early Christmas present so I’m a bit busy at the moment!

Hope everyone is ok X
Blimey you really are making me look slack! Lucky family, look forward to the picture of everyone wearing them. Are you both going to have one too?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back