Rally [Jul 17, 2016] York Fun Rally (York) (1 Viewer)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I shall leave it to the viewers imagination, suffice to say it was a fun afternoon:LOL:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
It certainly has been a fabulous week of entertainment, food wine and weather.

As per usual the company has been a bit Iffy as I'd forgotten that @swanseajack13 was coming and several neighbours helped my through the 1 litre bottle of Malt put on the van especially for @cruiser and @DuxDeluxe . I've managed to empty two of my five bottles of sloe-gin helped by the likes of @Carol and @funflair .

Special thanks to all the dog owners especially @rosierose, @daveandsan Dave & Sandra, @archie2000 ,Jacksons owner, @Teasy2007 Mike Ginny and the gorgeous little Daisy and @Simson .

Thanks to @JockandRita for the advice and @Techno for going through the pain of explaining wifi to me and to my neighbor @Terry for his week long generosity of scones and ice cream and @SteveandDenise for their friendship, generosity and entertainment and of course my mates @cliffandger and Ray and Julia.

I met loads of new to me Funsters like @Jimbohorlicks @oldflemo @BONZO and @Scoot and also @Bobby22 at the start of the week , great to meet you all. I know I'm bound to have missed someone so I apologise for that, well done @Jez and Lin @Pat and Trish and @Pikeman , it was always going to be a great meet just like the Dorset ones.

Jackie and Griff

Last edited:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
@Popeye - you forgot us! :(

........ No I didn't, how could anyone forget you my lickle sweetie and thank you especially for the food and last night entertainment, I'm flattered to be in your song 'messin' about in a Motor-Home' I think all funsters should be made to learn it as our club anthem

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
It certainly has been a fabulous week of entertainment, food wine and weather.

As per usual the company has been a bit Iffy as I'd forgotten that @swanseajack13 was coming and several neighbours helped my through the 1 litre bottle of Malt put on the van especially for @cruiser and @DuxDeluxe . I've managed to empty two of my five bottles of sloe-gin helped by the likes of @Carol and @funflair .

Special thanks to all the dog owners especially @rosierose, @daveandsan Dave & Sandra, @archie2000 ,Jacksons owner, @Teasy2007 Mike Ginny and the gorgeous little Daisy and @Simson .

Thanks to @JockandRita for the advice and @Techno for going through the pain of explaining wifi to me and to my neighbor @Terry for his week long generosity of scones and ice cream and @SteveandDenise for their friendship, generosity and entertainment and of course my mates @cliffandger and Ray and Julia.

I met loads of new to me Funsters like @Jimbohorlicks @oldflemo @BONZO and @Scoot and also @Bobby22 at the start of the week , great to meet you all. I know I'm bound to have missed someone so I apologise for that, well done @Jez and Lin @Pat and Trish and @Pikeman , it was always going to be a great meet just like the Dorset ones.

Jackie and Griff
You only put the malt in for @cruiser and myself because you knew it was there. @swanseajack13 told me in a PM that it tasted like you had put Aldi cheapo Glenratspiss in the 18y.o.bottle............ :reel:

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
We've just arrived home from a tremendous fun packed week at York. This Meet was expertly organised by Jez and Lin and their many assistants. Great to meet and have fun with so many happy generous funsters.
Thank you to all who made us so welcome and included.Thanks to Andy too for his kind help on a number of things and to Terry for making us a little bit fatter!
Looking forward to hopefully booking on the next one at York already!
Ashley and Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Thankyou for a fantastic weekend @Jez and Lin we really enjoyed our selfs. Youve done a fantastic job, all week.
Bet your both knackered !
It was great to catch up with familiar faces and meet lots of new ones too. What a lovely bunch of people the funsters are. If your doing it next year we will try and do longer than the weekend , that's for sure.
Thanks again.....

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Arrived home - to drizzly rain! Just want to say what a wonderful week we had. Thanks to Jez, Lin and the team for providing the site, all the food, drink and entertainment we enjoyed - it was all absolutely great.

We met up with friends old and new, and spent the week chilling in the sun - absolutely perfect. (y)

We didn't think you could better Norden Farm 2015 @Jez and Lin, but York 2016 was amazing.

Too many names to mention - so I'll just say 'thank you Funsters for a brillo soap pads week, and roll on #wherever 2017! :)

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am so sorry I had to miss this one. We can not get away until the railway meet. And then off to a tour of Europe. Some where nice and warm. But I did miss out on @Popeye scotch. But I will see @DuxDeluxe at the railway meet and drink his.

Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Big thanks to @Jez and Lin for a fantastic meet and also to your assistants for cooking all the fantastic food etc
What a first meet for us and we were made so welcome by everyone, we really enjoyed everything about the weekend we spent in York.
Thanks to @Techno , @tonka , @oldflemo , @dabhand , @swanseajack13 ,@Carol , @Ambilkate , @movan, @Jimbohorlicks , @Scoot, @JockandRita, @Popeye and everybody else whose names we can't remember (must be our age) for taking the time to introduce themselves and making us part of the FUN FAMILY
Thanks everyone and here's to the next rally
Gary and Janet

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I'll post now (I'm still here) in case the wifi is iffy next week!
Well done Jez and Lin for excellent organisation, and all your helpers who made this a truly splendid rally, the weather really did help but what a relaxing laid back time, some lovely people, great to catch up with everyone and also to meet new funsters, well done all. Food, drink, entertainment, disco, karaoke AND the weather... Ace.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
You only put the malt in for @cruiser and myself because you knew it was there. @swanseajack13 told me in a PM that it tasted like you had put Aldi cheapo Glenratspiss in the 18y.o.bottle............ :reel:

That is just typical of you Dave......judging others by your own low standards.....

.....that sounded good do you think I fooled them funsters?

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Another pair here, who would like to thank @Jez and Lin, (and all those involved ) who helped to make this York 2016 Meet, the great success that it was. (y)

Thanks goes also to @Pikeman, Keith and The Catering Crew, for a smashing feast on Friday night, much of which was further appreciated on Saturday, at the Pimms and Games Afternoon. (y)

It would be really great, if we could see this again in 2017 please @Jez and Lin. ;) ;) ;)

Thanks again,

Jock & Rita. :)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks Jez and Lin .. Steve and Denise .... fantastic chefs and helpers .. everyone who took time out to help a solo have a lovely weekend .. it was really brilliant. Thank you. (y)

Scoot

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 28, 2015
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Auto trail
Exp
Thank you all for a great time. We really enjoyed our self. Thank you all for making us feel so welcome.
Well done everyone who arranged it.
It was fantastic.
Anita Simon and vi xx

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Thanks Jez & lyn plus everyone else for making this such a great meet -Really enjoyable (y)
terry

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Another BIG thanks to @Jez and Lin plus everyone who helped make this meet another great event..
Everything was spot on and it's all what motorhoming is about.

ps.. Any rumor of me being drunk, off my face on free wine on the first night. Unable to get in bed etc

YES It's all true.. :doh::wine:

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Great meet,great food great entertainment, great weather, new friends only downside its over thanks a lot to jez &Lin and all that made it so memorable Pete & Chris ,ps hope to meet again somewhere soon.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Thank you Jez and Lin for arranging another fantastic rally. Nick and I had a great time and were very chuffed to win a prize at the fancy dress, just as well I'm retired as goodness knows what my patients would have thought if it appeared on Facebook! Thank you to our lovely neighbours Steve and Denise who made us so welcome and thanks to all your other helpers, the food was fantastic.
It was lovely to meet up with funster friends old and new.
"Up North" is very nice indeed and well worth the drive, aren't we Motorhomers lucky?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back