January Skiing in Val Thorens (1 Viewer)

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
parking at vt

Seasonal greetings
not been to vt in mh , looking up details for the meet in 2 weeks time
noticed parking charge for campingcar 2012/2013 rate is 24.50 euro per day
Some attendees have booked in advance , are you paying the same.
please advise, Thanks

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi

We have booked for 6th-18th Jan inclusive (12 days).

The total cost was 245 Euros.

There is a reduction if you book for 6 days. It's a bit costly per night, I do agree, but the park is on the edge of town with a service point included.

The access to the slopes is very convenient and the view is fantastic!:thumb:

I know it is cheaper to stop over at Les Menuires further down the valley, but we like the option to sink a few drinks!:roflmto:

Nov 21, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
iam a newbie
Mines a 25ft tag axle which we have driven in very deep snow with and without chains and never had any grip problems. We skied VT last year and came down in deep snow as soon as it had been ploughed, we used our chains and had no problems at all. We do have quite a short overhang but still make sure we don't put too much weight in the garage when going skiing. No problems with a tag axle don't worry just use a bit of common sense and go for it :thumb:

Hi Forestboy , just out of intrest does any of you guys run winter tyres , with your tag's .

Im at that stage where i dont know whether to bite the bullet and put on winter tyres .

Thanks Paul

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Hi

We have booked for 6th-18th Jan inclusive (12 days).

The total cost was 245 Euros.

There is a reduction if you book for 6 days. It's a bit costly per night, I do agree, but the park is on the edge of town with a service point included.

The access to the slopes is very convenient and the view is fantastic!:thumb:

I know it is cheaper to stop over at Les Menuires further down the valley, but we like the option to sink a few drinks!:roflmto:

thanks or the quick reply, is the srevice point in close proximity to MH parking and is it apporoachable easily as I found that very often surrounded by ice and snow.

Badge
winter tyres all year round as i do not do a lot of miles except in winter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
In answer to your question, see below!!!!:roflmto:

Yep! It's right where we are!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• BILD1331.jpg
    BILD1331.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
In answer to your question, see below!!!!:roflmto:

Yep! It's right where we are!!

well it would be the most expansive parking I have ever pay in a ski resort, so will come for a couple of days (i am on a seasonal budgit) to meet some funsters.
scheduled crossing wednesday 9/1 should be at vt thursday lunch time weather permitting
Just looked up weather forcast, next w/end good weather sunshine and around zero, save journey.
happy new year.

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
well it would be the most expansive parking I have ever pay in a ski resort, so will come for a couple of days (i am on a seasonal budgit) to meet some funsters.
scheduled crossing wednesday 9/1 should be at vt thursday lunch time weather permitting
Just looked up weather forcast, next w/end good weather sunshine and around zero, save journey.
happy new year.

Do take your time arriving, week one is a bit quiet with the majority turning up on the 15th!

If you are on a budget and looking to meet a good amount of Funsters, it might be worth doing a couple of days somewhere cheaper before paying VT parking rates!
It's not to say we are unsociable, but the real party animals (you know who you are!!!:roflmto:) will be a few days behind!

I have tried to indicate arrivals/departures to assist in the social side on the attendee's list.
I will update this shortly............:thumb:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Do take your time arriving, week one is a bit quiet with the majority turning up on the 15th!

If you are on a budget and looking to meet a good amount of Funsters, it might be worth doing a couple of days somewhere cheaper before paying VT parking rates!
It's not to say we are unsociable, but the real party animals (you know who you are!!!:roflmto:) will be a few days behind!

I have tried to indicate arrivals/departures to assist in the social side on the attendee's list.
I will update this shortly............:thumb:

Very good point , might just parked up at les menierie, 10eruo aire a couple of days before coming up to vt. will call and say hello anyway from les mineriere to vt by ski is quick and easy.
Need to be away 16/17ish already made arrangement at La Plagnes.
Any how, looking forward to see and feel the mountains

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Attendees!

OK then!

So far we have-

1. Jon and Shell + kids (from the 6th to 18th)

2. Champers, John and Kath (from the 14th to 25th)

3. Monsi (from the 15th to 25th)

4. CLS (from the 15th to 25th)

5. Ash,Steve and Lynne (from the 15th to 25th)

6. Petensal, Pete and Sally (+ kids? At some point)

7. 1948 (from the 9th on his skis!!)

8. Mogbl, Richard and Mo (from about the 8th)

Please let me know of any mistakes!

Cheers!

-Jon

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The weather is looking quite mild at the moment. A far cry from last February's arctic conditions!
We are looking forward to not losing appendages to frostbite on the early morning chair lifts!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Very good point , might just parked up at les menierie, 10eruo aire a couple of days before coming up to vt. will call and say hello anyway from les mineriere to vt by ski is quick and easy.
Need to be away 16/17ish already made arrangement at La Plagnes.
Any how, looking forward to see and feel the mountains

Hee, hee!

It'll be a wobbly ski back down the valley once you've been Champered!!!!:roflmto:

Beware Bruno the Frankia!!! You have been warned!:ROFLMAO:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Hee, hee!

It'll be a wobbly ski back down the valley once you've been Champered!!!!:roflmto:

Those clear mountain air always clears the head fast!!!
Do you know if the vt ski pass covers les mimuire, or do I need a 3 valley pass??

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Those clear mountain air always clears the head fast!!!
Do you know if the vt ski pass covers les mimuire, or do I need a 3 valley pass??

I just dug out a VT piste map from last year and it appears a VT-only pass won't get you up the hill from LM. The lowest lift seems to be Plan de l'eau. It looks as if it starts higher up the valley than LM.

We didn't go this far down the mountain last year, so we are not sure whether that lift is accessible from LM.

Hope this helps.:Smile:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
jan skiing

Hee, hee!

I would second that :winky:
Let's just say, Pimms, fruit, sun, afternoon, Johns bar skills :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Hi John and Kath!

I'm quite looking forward to checking out your nice warm double floor on this trip!::bigsmile:

I might not want to get up again!

So that's what you were doing in the Bessie - measuring the heat dissipation of the floor.:thumb:

Silly me, I thought you were Pi$$ed!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
You can buy a ski pass that covers Vt les menuires and val d belville . You can use this to ski both resorts and orelle - plenty enough to keep even the mostly dedicated ski.er happy

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
3 more days at work for us! We'll try not to wear ot the slopes for you Lynne!:thumb:

Jon
all packed and ready?? Sunny weather forcast , pleasant journey, look forward to meeting soon

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Waiting to board the tunnel....

We can nearly smell the mountain air!!:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have fun all and a safe journey, leave some snow for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I have put some extra matting in the van in case you do some " close inspection of the floor again " :roflmto::roflmto:

John n Kath x

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Safe journey and Bon voyage...... When you come back we will be bragging about going ......can't wait

OP
OP
jonandshell

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
No snow at Annecy!:Sad:
I hope it hasn't all melted at VT!:cry:

Will give further updates upon arrival pending wifi. Roaming data costs more than Black Horse HP on a Concorde!:Eeek:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, it's hell having to go on holiday!:ROFLMAO:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
No snow at Annecy!:Sad:
I hope it hasn't all melted at VT!:cry:

Will give further updates upon arrival pending wifi. Roaming data costs more than Black Horse HP on a Concorde!:Eeek:

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, it's hell having to go on holiday!:ROFLMAO:

no fear Jon, I will guarantee snow at Vt , unlimited drinks on me if I am wrong throughout your stay.
Are u overnighting ay Annecy. which route did you take to get there from Calais

Free wifi on your way to moutier, at abertville 2x macdonalds .

Last edited:

petensal

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2012
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Since Sept 2009
Ferry booked for Wednesday morning, heading for le Grand Bornand for a couple of days, then onto Les Saisies, then VT around 16-17th.

Hope to see some of you there.

Pete

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
pete
also booked crossing wednesday just after lunch heading for vt but leave mid-week next week for la plagne looks like just missing each other, but interest to see which route you will be using and why, as I have not decided toll/no toll yet
regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back