LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Morning Dawn. That hospital ward will be all the sadder when you go home, I bet the staff are dreading it!

The sun has disappeared today and clouds have moved in. We walked back to the vans last night and the roads were chocker with everyone leaving after the Balloon ascent. The enterprising farmer next to us had opened his field for half price parking (£5!) but the drivers didn't take note of the fact that they had been lead down a single track to get to the field - it was chaos, with the lane full of cars going nowhere. HOURS later when we walked back to the van from Paul and Jackie's, the field was a sea of red and white lights - they were still trapped in the field unable to get out!

The sun's come out again now so we are going to chill before leaving later on today.

You have been sorely missed this weekend, but looking forward to seeing you next weekend at Malvern. xx

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
@cliffandger fingers crossed. Will know more in the next few days re Malvern.
Sounds like you've all had a great time.
Would you go again or is once enough?

Still gutted to have missed it. 25 years ago we saw it, we had our first wedding anniversary in a posh hotel, when we pulled the curtains back in the morning there were hundreds of balloons.

26th anniversary on 12th aug might be a strange one this year!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
@Fenman, some of the stuff which goes on....you couldn't make it up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A great read Mousey, keep your end up so to speak. My wife used to work on a little ward like the one you are on. She was regularly punched, groped and bitten by the dear little old ladies. An occupational hazard when dealing with dementia. :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I see you are surrounded by dementia patients.

Do you think they are hedging their bets on diagnosis?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
nice one @Mousy , you can make me laugh when I am covered in oil. Rose said why was i not as happy as you sound in hospital. but as you say trying to sleep in there is very hard work. the poor old chap in the next bed to me had to be woken up every hour the nurse had to shout to wake him up. and as he was deaf he would shout and swear back at her. he would then spend the rest of the saying sorry to all of us. we all missed him when they moved him.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I found drawing the curtains around the bed helped me to sleep when in hospital. My husband did the same thing and used ear plugs and an eye mask. Might help you Mousey. One old chap he was in with would shout out 'Mother', a young guy on the ward looked at him in amazement and said 'My God, how old is his Mother?' Seeing as Jack was about 90! Jack used to work as a mechanic on the trams. He spent one night dismantling his catheter in the mistaken belief he was back at work. Then there was the young nurse who when feeding Jack one lunchtime, accidently rested her elbow on the up button of the electric bed, thought the bed was broken and fed him standing on tip toe ( she was quite small)!

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
:rofl:Thanks for the funny stories guys, I partly wanted to use this thread as a journal because I know from previous stays and like your stories above, hospitals can be comedy gold. But they are so easy to forget in amongst the trauma of a stay. Unfortunately some things here are too delicate to document and I'm really sensitive to maintaining the dignity of my fellow ladies.
Happy to rip the piss out of myself though so there's a cracker coming up later....

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sunday lunch not a horse radish in sight.
image.jpg

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Jackie and I are wrapped in Joy's throw, which we spilled white wine over, because @taran Las failed to put the Cork back in the bottle which he had served us with! You can't get the staff these days!

Lies all lies.:rolleyes:
I'm sure you'll know what I mean when I say 'we could have done with some Tenna ladies here last night':D:LOL::giggle:;)

Ps ... Only MHF echelons left this evening;)

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
No horseradish, but the Yorkshire looks a beauty! What was dessert?

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
@Mousy - how's your Sunday afternoon going Dawn - we don't like it when the thread goes quiet.....xx

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Only just caught this.....:eek: Sorry that we didn't get the chance to meet you both and hoping that you make a speedy recovery.:)
......Hope the steroids do the trick & the side effects aren't too bad.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Really willing you to get better Dawn, though selfishly looking forward to the next Chapter in Emergency Ward 10

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sweet and sour....

When I came into A&E via the GP last Monday I was met by the medical reg. I was put on a trolley and things swung into action really quickly, ECG, blood test X-ray etc. but every time I was sent for a test when I came back my cubicle was filled with someone else, I saw 4 different parts of A&E :rolleyes: Not a problem as I was just happy to be in a bed and of course I'm slightly bemused by the fuss, I told them I had Zumba at 6.00 but Drs less than impressed by that. Anyway I get sent for an MRI and return again to find the dr waiting for me, yet again no space for the bed.
He's tamping (as we say in Wales, cross ). Starts complaining to anyone in ear shot, that's just A&E comes the reply.
Seeing that this could get tetchy I said it's ok just put me anywhere. An A&E nurse said "over there in the corner" to which I replied "nobody puts baby in the corner", this went completely over the head of this massively educated Dr however, it did cause a titter to a passing porter.

"Dawn I've got to carry out a full and comprehensive neurological examination on you ASAP and this is totally inappropriate and unacceptable"

"Look Dr, chill your beans" says I "it's massively busy we will just have to make do, ask your questions and fire away, let's just crack on"

"Ok " he replied...
"Well one of the tests is to check your rectal tone, this involves me placing my finger in your anus:eek:

"Dr I said, I normally need a bottle of wine before that's even up for discussion:Eeek:"

"Still happy in the corridor?"

"Cubicle!" Shouts I

Rest assured dear funsters all was working normally down there., but I reckon it's at least 30 years since a 26 year old handsome chap has tried that :Eeek:

Last edited:

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Sweet and sour....

When I came into A&E via the GP last Monday I was met by the medical reg. I was put on a trolley and things swung into action really quickly, ECG, blood test X-ray etc. but every time I was sent for a test when I came back my cubicle was filled with someone else, I saw 4 different parts of A&E :rolleyes: Not a problem as I was just happy to be in a bed and of course I'm slightly bemused by the fuss, I told them I had Zumba at 6.00 but Drs less than impressed by that. Anyway I get sent for an MRI and return again to find the dr waiting for me, yet again no space for the bed.
He's tamping (as we say in Wales, cross ). Starts complaining to anyone in ear shot, that's just A&E comes the reply.
Seeing that this could get tetchy I said it's ok just put me anywhere. An A&E nurse said "over there in the corner" to which I replied "nobody puts baby in the corner", this went completely over the head of this massively educated Dr however, it did cause a titter to a passing porter.

"Dawn I've got to carry out a full and comprehensive neurological examination on you ASAP and this is totally inappropriate and unacceptable"

"Look Dr, chill your beans" says I "it's massively busy we will just have to make do, ask your questions and fire away, let's just crack on"

"Ok " he replied...
"Well one of the tests is to check your rectal tone, this involves me placing my finger in your anus:eek:

"Dr I said, I normally need a bottle of wine before that's even up for discussion:Eeek:"

"Cubicle!" Shouts I

Rest assured dear funsters all was working normally down there., but I reckon it's at least 30 years since a 26 year old handsome chap has tried that :Eeek:
:rofl::rofl:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh Dawn , how do you manage to make us all smile with all that going on, if we don't get a book out of you after this... :rolleyes: Hope you have a quieter night and manage some sleep, I came out in sympathy with you today, was at the daughters and felt a strange pop in my eye, said to her is my eye ok, reply yuk it's full of blood, so was marched off to our local cottage hospitals A&E seen in 10 minutes could not complain at that, upshot I've got a burst blood vessel so now my eye matches my hair :Eeek: so I've got to go to a special optician tomorrow. With what you are having to put with I think I have got away light.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sweet and sour....

"Ok " he replied...

"Cubicle!" Shouts I

you now owe me a beer....just spilt mine laughing:moon2::rofl:

OP
OP
Mousy

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
@Mousy - how's your Sunday afternoon going Dawn - we don't like it when the thread goes quiet.....xx

Sorry Ger, I've just been so busy being poorly, it takes up soooo much time, I've a full kindle I've yet to open:rolleyes:

I had my first pulse steroid yesterday via my left hand iv. It lasts for 30 mins and was uncomfortable to painful but I gritted my teeth and rubbed some hand cream further up my arm as a distraction and it worked.

About 5 hours later the numbness on my front left leg has decreased
:party2::party::party:
Still not normal but not getting worse.
I'm hoping this is good news but won't see a dr til tommorow. I'm asking everyone who passes to pinch my bum to see if it's still numb but not getting many takers:doh:

So today is the second dose, same as yesterday but this time the cannula blows allowing the drug to seep into tissue and my arm is in agony for 3 hours, I'm sat rocking over the side of the bed, tears streaming, praying for the strength to endure. He helped along with a syringe or 2 of oral morph. Trying to find the silver lining all I could think is " I could be sat in my own poo with no rectal tone":eek:

I'm not gonna lie, it's been emotional.
3rd dose tomorrow...

Edit, no offence to any funsters with poor tone.

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Oh, I can't put a like on that Mousey, sounds rough, hope it's a bit better tomorrow . x

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Crikey no likes to give for that post, it sounds truly awful, did it mean that you had to have the second dose again? Hope you can get a good night's sleep tonight and that tomorrow brings good news.

Keeping everything crossed this end and sending lots of love from him and me xx

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
hospitals can be a horrible experience when you're poorly. thankfully you have a wonderful sense of humour to see you through

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Wishing you all the best. I loved reading your posts on your holiday in France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back