Is this you? (1 Viewer)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
If you have an email address registered with us from one of these providers . Please change it, otherwise you will keep getting locked out of Fun. This affects around 100 people.

ntlworld.com
tiscali.co.uk
blueyonder.com
talktalk.net
blueyonder.co.uk
virginmedia.com
virgin.net
blackburn.xyz

These providers keep bouncing our mail and won't play ball with white-listing. As soon as they've bounced a few of your emails our system locks you out until you change the email. If you are one of these do it ASAP. Cheers gmail is probably your best bet (y)
Hi Jim.
good to be back in:LOL:(y)

Everything reset and now changed to gmail.

Thanks

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Wont let me put my gmail in keeps saying it's wrong, What am I doing wrong?

Hah! false alarm!! fixed it :drinks:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Jim, I do everything on my Blueyonder account, and I don’t have any others.

I’ve just gone into Gmail and it wants to change my blueyonder address to Gmail - will that have a detrimental affect on everything else I do with Blueyonder?
I have a number of different email addresses ( and providers) They all get forwarded to my main Gmail address for ease of access. I usually use my Virgin email, but can't remember when I last accessed it directly. When I send an email from Gmail I can select where it " appears" to come from i.e. Gmail, Virgin, Hotmail etc

Jul 21, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 294
Exp
Since 1980's
This is a bit of a pain, as I use my ntlworld email for everything else.
Would have appreciated being contacted directly, rather that the email messages being stopped without any warning with there being only 100 users affected.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2015
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
July 2015 plus 20 years of camping
Changed to gmail! Strange I was was receiving all the emails from Fun ok to my talktalk account.

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
No problem with my ntlworld address receiving emails:
Screenshot_20230127_093359_Email.jpg

Jul 26, 2018
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
Owned AutoTrail Navajo from March 2013 until replaced with current van in 2020
Done it, but still curious from a tech point of view why this is necessary?
Well for fairly obvious reasons you can't get the people who develop spam filters to tell you what rules they use or the spammers would be able to get round them. So when you get blocked by a filter you don't know why. I look after a website for my wife's dancing club and we get no end of trouble with bounces from btinternet and the German phone company (Hmm, a bit of a pattern there!) which appear at random. once they've bounced a few messages from you they think your site is a spam generator and they block you as explained earlier.

Jul 26, 2018
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696D
Exp
Owned AutoTrail Navajo from March 2013 until replaced with current van in 2020
Google certainly try hard. We had lunch in Frankie & Benny's today in Street and the waitress asked us to give her a review using a Q code. She had been very polite, pleasant and efficient and my wife asked me to do it. I captured the QR code and it went to go to TripAdvisor for the review but insisted that I log into Google - I didn't have my password as I never log in to Google. Why the hell should I have to login to Google to leave a review on TripAdvisor? So she went without an online review but we gave her some very creditable comments to the manageress!
A lot of sites like TripAdvisor nowadays are saving you having to remember another set of login details by letting you use your Google (or Facebook, or....) login details instead. You could have given you waitress a review by logging in with you TripAdvisor credentials and never needed to go near Google..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back