Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
So is mine 👍
Again I can tell you they are not. I am looking at 2 in the queue that are being rejected for you right this second.
Wed Jan 4 23:22:32
Wed Jan 4 21:48:29

I cannot recommend highly enough that if you are on the domains above you get a different mailbox provider as you may find other services you use blocked as well without warning.

Oct 18, 2021
Northampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Apache 700
Exp
Some....good & bad!
I had an ntlworld email for years and didn't realise that you can't leave Virgin without losing it. I gradually moved all my contacts to a Gmail one.
I have left Virgin too but my ntlworld email still works fine. (Hope I haven't jinxed it)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have left Virgin too but my ntlworld email still works fine. (Hope I haven't jinxed it)

Ntlworld is not processing your emails from Motorhomefun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Again I can tell you they are not. I am looking at 2 in the queue that are being rejected for you right this second.
Wed Jan 4 23:22:32
Wed Jan 4 21:48:29

I cannot recommend highly enough that if you are on the domains above you get a different mailbox provider as you may find other services you use blocked as well without warning.
No problem @ Grommett, I have a gmail account so will change as requested.
Just as soon as I can find out how to do it.
Any instructions please?
(I am a techno luddite 😂)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
I suspect that Virgin Media are trying to get rid of their email services. If you are a new Virgin customer I don't think you are offered an email service any more. Maybe they are being awkward to encourage people to move elsewhere?

Sometime ago I resolved to use my Blueyonder account for anything unimportant like registering with websites etc. I get loads of spam through the account. Their Blacklist facility is a waste of time as they still let anything blacklisted through to your account. I use another service for important stuff so have changed Fun to that.

For me their broadband fibre is what I'm really after but also use their landline and TV services.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
So, can anyone advise me how to change my current ntl world registered email that I use for fun, to my other gmail address ( or other) that I would like / admin would like me / funsters to change to?
Thanks

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
So, can anyone advise me how to change my current ntl world registered email that I use for fun, to my other gmail address ( or other) that I would like / admin would like me / funsters to change to?
Thanks
Click on your name above in the blue band. Select account details. You then have a box to click on where you can change your email address.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Sorry Jim I don’t understand . I have been ntl world for years via Virgin. Does this affect my normal E Mails or just from the forum. I don’t fancy the idea of having to change idea of changing my e mail address with all my contacts.

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Less the better TBH.
Then why not deselect the email options in your fun account! Jim then won't send you any. At present it seems you don't want them but Jim keeps getting what he tries to send you thrown back at him which I can imagine is a pain in the neck!

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Click on your name above in the blue band. Select account details. You then have a box to click on where you can change your email address.
Very much obliged.
Will give it a go. 😊👍

Nope, no joy. Keeps referring me back to my existing registered ntlworld account and password.
Think this needs a bit more explaining to all funster members from admin who, like myself, may not be tech savvy.
Have held an NTL account for over 20 years without problems.
Am trying to change stuff on an iphone 7, which is my usual fun contact device.
😐

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
No problem @ Grommett, I have a gmail account so will change as requested.
Just as soon as I can find out how to do it.
Any instructions please?
(I am a techno luddite 😂)
That is a question for Jim if he hasn't already done it I am sure he can put a quick doc together to explain how.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry Jim I don’t understand . I have been ntl world for years via Virgin. Does this affect my normal E Mails or just from the forum. I don’t fancy the idea of having to change idea of changing my e mail address with all my contacts.
Just for fun.

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
That is a question for Jim if he hasn't already done it I am sure he can put a quick doc together to explain how.
That would be good, thanks.
For those in the know, I am sure its a walk in the park and basic.
For luddites like me , you may as well be speaking in Chinese as I dont make the internet, computers , bluetooth, wifi,dongles, routers, hdtv, mobile phones etc my be all and end all of life.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
I changed my email address recently, nothing to do with issues raised here. All I did was go to account in my profile, click on the change button next to email address and went from there. It was easy. I immediately started to get the regular emails into my new account but the weekly summary still comes into my old account, and has done a couple of times. I have contacted Fun separately over that.
Changing email address has been a bit of a Nightmare. Needed to do it because provider is ditching its email. I get my emails into outlook any way so have gone to a free outlook acct. Not a fan of gmail. Changing has been worse than moving house. Some organisations/companies are easy, others go through elaborate verification processes. And some you have to unsubscribe and then resubscribe!

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I changed my email address recently, nothing to do with issues raised here. All I did was go to account in my profile, click on the change button next to email address and went from there. It was easy. I immediately started to get the regular emails into my new account but the weekly summary still comes into my old account, and has done a couple of times. I have contacted Fun separately over that.
Changing email address has been a bit of a Nightmare. Needed to do it because provider is ditching its email. I get my emails into outlook any way so have gone to a free outlook acct. Not a fan of gmail. Changing has been worse than moving house. Some organisations/companies are easy, others go through elaborate verification processes. And some you have to unsubscribe and then resubscribe!

The newsletter database is different to the forum, so to resolve this, the easiest way is to unsubscribe from a newsletter on the mail you no longer need. There will be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the Newsletter. That will stop emails to the old address.

Then click here and re-subscribe to the newsletter using your new email. Sorted (y)

Reactions: hja
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Essentially, they are not running a good ship. Let's say that someone who uses Gmail, accidentally puts our mail into the junk box. Gmail will contact us and we will be able to sort the issue out, we will be able to convince Gmail that we are not spammers.

These virgin companies are not interested in providing a good email service. They employ strict anti-spam criteria to cut down on complaints and once they have banned someone there is little we can do.

So a couple of people mistakenly putting their NTL world email into the junk rather than wastebasket, means we get banned and there's nothing we can do about it. This means its blocked for everyone. Frankly, if you have one of these virgin media owned email addresses, do yourself a favour and get rid of it. (y)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Many Thanks Jim & Grommet for explaining the current situation with NTLworld.com.
Thank you also for reconnecting me on the 4/5 times we have been locked out over the past couple of weeks.(y)
I too, have had our NTL e-mail account for over 25 years for business & personal accounts with different inbox folders etc. If they are now blocking MHFUN e-mails as spam on all of their accounts, then as you say they will be blocking vast numbers of others also as spam allegedly.

I will move our MHFUN account over to G-mail, but it will be considerably harder to move clients to a new e-mail address without informing them directly, as they may have set up a block on receiving G Mail to their inboxes...maybe.
I think a call to Virgin Media must be on the cards as they have created this problem, and if no easy resolve is on offer, then we will simply close our long standing account for Broadband, Land Line, TV etc.
It will be interesting to see what other members find when they complain about this.
Best wishes.
LES

Feb 21, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Cotswold
I struggle with technical stuff. Today it said on MH Fun that I didn't have privileges to reply or something like that. So I'm guessing this is because of the issues with talktalk email addresses on this forum.

I have opened a Gmail account and changed my email address for this forum. I have no intention of ever using this Gmail address for anything if I can possibly avoid it.

So I'm hoping that everything will now be ok with MH Fun!

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Google certainly try hard. We had lunch in Frankie & Benny's today in Street and the waitress asked us to give her a review using a Q code. She had been very polite, pleasant and efficient and my wife asked me to do it. I captured the QR code and it went to go to TripAdvisor for the review but insisted that I log into Google - I didn't have my password as I never log in to Google. Why the hell should I have to login to Google to leave a review on TripAdvisor? So she went without an online review but we gave her some very creditable comments to the manageress!

Jul 4, 2018
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg
Exp
A few years.
Done it, however as I do not frequent the U shaped lounge I only chanced upon this by luck. Maybe a short term banner would have been better?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I don't have a clue what you are all talking about so my head goes back in the sand and fingers crossed.

AnnieB

Free Member
Jan 6, 2021
Grt Manchester
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Air
Exp
8+ years
I’m one of the ‘select’ 100. Now all I have to do is find a random 11 year old to hrlp me set up another email account. 😉

• Funny
Reactions: Jim

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
For Funsters who are maybe now going to have to use more than one email address given this Virgin mail issue you may want to consider using an email client, I use Thunderbird for around a dozen different mail addresses, so you can access them all from one location.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
For Funsters who are maybe now going to have to use more than one email address given this Virgin mail issue you may want to consider using an email client, I use Thunderbird for around a dozen different mail addresses, so you can access them all from one location.

If you are using gmail and prefer webmail to an email client on your desktop, then you can do the same with gmail. Gmail can be configured to fetch the email from other mail providers and centralise it.

I personally LOVE thunderbird and it is my sole email client.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
If you are using gmail and prefer webmail to an email client on your desktop, then you can do the same with gmail. Gmail can be configured to fetch the email from other mail providers and centralise it.

I personally LOVE thunderbird and it is my sole email client.
Yip, I've previously "pulled-in" multiple mail accounts into gmail however much prefer Thunderbird for mail and calendars. Just waiting on them finalising the integration of K9 before sticking it on Android mobile though!(y)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Yip, I've previously "pulled-in" multiple mail accounts into gmail however much prefer Thunderbird for mail and calendars. Just waiting on them finalising the integration of K9 before sticking it on Android mobile though!(y)

When I ran a hosting company I was surprised to learn that more than half my clients preferred webmail to a proper email client. Strange though it may seem.
When someone gets used to gmail they tend to want to stay in there for every platform and for all emails. It is a nice bit of web software I have to admit.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And dial up modems complete with a cable strewn across the upstairs landing from the phone point😂
I can hear the dial up pings etc even now! 😄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back