is c&c c and cc worth it

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by chaser, Mar 10, 2013.

1. chaser

chaser Funster

hi guys
    how many of you belong to either of these clubs.
    I have been a member of c&c c for 5 years but except for going to club meets in a field for a fiver a night I have found club sites very expensive ( upwards of £20 a night) which I havnt used a lot, and having got my annual reminder that they will be taking £40 out of my account next month I got to thinking do I need them , we go to France and pay nowt and we might as well pay britstops £20 and use them for nowt. dont see how we are going to lose , do you? or do you know better

• Like Like x 1
  2. Philiphall

Philiphall Funster

I'm a member of c & cc club but am on my own and over 55 ( I know you just wouldn't believe it) so for me its great a club site is normally £8.50 a night (off season) with electric when I go to private sites it about £13 - £15 a night and hardly half the amenities.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

For me being a newbie to motorhoming i have found the cc invaluable,not knowing where any sites were their web site and book came in very handy as we left off the other week with no real destination.We ended up staying on some cc sites but mainly cls between kent coast and inverness.cls being £11 on average

4. schojac

schojac Read Only Funster

Yes, club sites are quite expensive but at the end of the day you get what you pay for; good well maintained sites and pitches, good security and on the whole respectful neighbours. I am a memeber purely for access to CL sites and freedom they offer at a very reasonable price. Most now have electric hook up and some toilet blocks. You can only access most of these sites as a member of a club. Well worth it in my opinon but each to their own.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Philiphall

Philiphall Funster

Yeah totally agree Shojac but some of the listed (private) sites are rubbish - poor facilities and crap WC blocks - yet more expensive than the club sites which are great

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thedriver

Thedriver Read Only Funster

I'm in both clubs,I find the cc a bit "nose in the air,oh is that a motorhome" The c&cc better,we get a Over 55 discount out of peak times(some sites allyear) and you can get a non electric pitch which helps pay for the hundreds of solar panels on my roof!!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Thedriver

Sorry that should read ,Hundreds of watts of solar panels.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

CLs & CSs generally don't have some officious t**t closing the ablutions at 11am for cleaning!

• Like Like x 2
  9. chaser

chaser Funster

yes but why do you need toilets and hookups surely that is the idea of mhs that you have your own

• Like Like x 5
  10. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

Hi,
    We are a member of both , mainly for the cl's & cs's but do use the odd club site when the need arises, joined for the convenience of having the club books and maps covering all area's ,then no need to hunt around for other sites some of which can be expensive .
    Terry & Ann

• Like Like x 2
  11. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

been a member of both for around 9 years, don't think we have ever stayed on a club site all seem very expensive to us, they might have good clean facilities but so has our motorhome and we would never use the site ones, we have however more or less lived on various CL / CS sites over the last 7 years and have found these much more to our taste, also found that the insurance through the CC was pretty good when we had a caravan, looking into the Mayday / Green Flag breakdown service through the CC as it seems there are no size or weight restrictions for motorhomes.

• Like Like x 2
  12. 1_man_and_his_dob(lo)

1_man_and_his_dob(lo) Funster

Not all motorhomes have full facilities onboard, and I'm definitely not putting the utility tent up to have a shower when I stop over at Hereford tomorrow :BigGrin:

It's also good (sometimes very important) to know that you're heading to a location with guaranteed hardstanding and no interruptions late at night.

Price-wise, this time of year the C&CC club sites when solo are sometimes cheaper than CSs and private sites.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Bluemerle

Bluemerle Read Only Funster

As already said, if you are over 55, then the C & CC can take some beating with their concession. I am on my own most of the time and its nice to go somewhere and only pay for me.

Also i like the fact that they are mostly quiet at night.

• Like Like x 2
  14. vonny

vonny Read Only Funster

site fee's

Hi
    I don't mind paying a reasonable price to CC for peace of mind, knowing that all sites are well maintained and has good security.:Wink:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  15. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

I've saved a total of £25 on two advance ferry bookings through CCC compared to booking with the ferry companies direct, but that doesn't match the annual membership fee. We don't use club sites so maybe we'd save a few quid by ending our membership, but we're only talking a tenner.

16. Thedriver

Yeh I find the "Holiday site managers a lot nicer" and more easy going.I just hate the ones that insist on goose step your pitch out for you and say zhis is ver you park!!

Hears a good one,Who likes winding up jobsworths???? I got so carried away once that the warden tore away in his 4wd and left a 6ft tyre mark on the grass he wanted me not to park on!!!! I am sure he heard me having the last word,MIND THE GRASS YOU ******.

• Like Like x 1
  17. chaser

chaser Funster

must say I am amazed how many people on here are in these clubs, I thought most posters on here were self contained wild campers and european tourists. As to the supposed savings I am afraid I have never found any that you couldnt get elsewhere with your own googleing and tesco vouchers.
    Must say also ,even when we have been on fully serviced sites I would much rather use my own conveniances as follow a dozen others across a field to some shed

18. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

As I've replied before, if you are happy doing what you do, that's fine. You don't have to understand or worry about what others do, because believe it or not they are just as happy with their lifestyle choice as you are with yours. :Wink:

• Like Like x 14
  19. sedge

sedge Funster

Well we are long standing CC members from when Pierre had a caravan and went rallying with No1 wife, kids, dogs etc and we rarely use sites, but like many others we do use CLs. We toy every year with C&CC but have never quite got round to it.

If it pans out after Pete retires that we spend more time in the MoHo in the UK than we have previously, then we shall think about it some more. Probably. LOL

We once stayed on a private site which also had a CL in the next field. They hadn't got room on the CL so we paid the extra on the site, as it was exactly where we wanted to camp for where we were going.

I tell you what, talk about double standards. Heated loos and shower facilties, piped music and a hairdrier on the camping, virtually a wooden shed with loos and an outdoor washbasin for the CL. CL area in the shade enitirely and typically wet Welsh weather so dripping.

I went over one morning to have a look at the CL, you know 'for next time' ? and also to find out about paying, and virtually had the third degree about what was I doing from the wardress. So I told her all cheerful like and she said you couldn't be too careful and I said well you've trusted us for two days on the campsite already without bothering to speak to us and there's nothing anywhere informing us where to go to actually speak to you, I didn't even kow the house was (where it was) until I came mooching round the CL - but anyway if you had been over you would know there's a Red Pennant sticker on our window anyway. By the way I may as well pay you while I've got you, hadn't I? She seemed even more put out by the fact I wanted to inconvenience her more, by paying. That amused me greatly. Chuckling all the way home. :Rofl1:

What the hell she was doing in 'hospitality' I have no idea to this day!

Best CC wardens ever were at the Worthing site, which unfortunately appears to be closed - dunno why.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We are members of both and use their sites and facilities.

Never had any real problems with wardens.

I did come across one female Jobsworth when the van was in storage at Abbey Wood but generally speaking I have found them all pleasant and helpful.

We booked our summer French trip via Carefree which saved a bit of money but I didn't join the clubs to save money.

• Like Like x 1