Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
I think it was aimed at my post not yours
Not so, my dear Watson. My frivolous fruit remark was nothing more then my infantile attempt to take the 'heat' away from a totally stupid and irrelevant argument, that has blossomed out of all proportion to the original question posed by the OP! x:-) Everyone has their favourite operating system, and that's fine, but when the discussion turns to 'my willy is bigger then your willy', it nullify's the whole point of answering the OP's original question........:xThumb::xThumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Just to stir things up more, I'm suggesting Microsoft to old-mo right now.

Why ? Because he likes Windows and they have huge solid state hard drives to store his picture collection. Apple prices but with serious storage.

I have no experience of them but I have always fancied a tablet that lets me run standard Microsoft programs, my ideal.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Just to stir things up more, I'm suggesting Microsoft to old-mo right now.

Why ? Because he likes Windows and they have huge solid state hard drives to store his picture collection. Apple prices but with serious storage.

I have no experience of them but I have always fancied a tablet that lets me run standard Microsoft programs, my ideal.
I think you need to be careful with Windows tablets. Some of them don't run a full windows operating system, it is some sort of cut down version to work with the ARM chips. Windows 8 tablets with Intel chips will run all MS software I believe but the smaller devices with the ARM chips have Windows RT - which looks like Windows 8 but isn't. Hope that makes sense! :xgrin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Right then! Something that's being overlooked here is 'taste'

If you've got any sense of design or appreciation of good quality you will buy an Apple tablet.......... they are just SO sexy........... period!

Now where did I leave my hard hat? :rolleyes:

(typed up using my Macbook Air .... hehe)

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp

If you've got any sense of design or appreciation of good quality you will buy an Apple tablet.......... they are just SO sexy........... period!

Brave, very brave

:xrofl:

Apr 30, 2012
Southampton, UK
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Exec
Exp
Since 2012

(typed up using my Macbook Air .... hehe)

You'll be saying next that most current mobile phones are copies of Apple's design - duck!
:xeek::xdoh::xrofl:

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I've just come back from PC World; I was impressed at the range of Android tablets for less than £150 and really could not see the value in spending any more money on a different operating system and make of tablet.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I've just come back from PC World; I was impressed at the range of Android tablets for less than £150 and really could not see the value in spending any more money on a different operating system and make of tablet.

Are you now even more confused by the veriety ?

If you make sure you buy one with GPS you'll the base for a good navigator. Apart from that they are much of a muchness.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
As long as the tablet has an SD slot for expansion the real differences are in the screen and the processor. Make sure you get a quad core processor for better speed, and then look at quality of the screen and decide whether you are happy with it. At the moment the Tesco Hudl 2 looks cracking value at £129.

For those who are not members of Which they have just done a comparison of tablets in their December issue. In the past their best buys (which don't take into account price) have been the ipads and ipad minis. This time the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 just beat the Apple ipad mini 3 for small tablets and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 just beat the Apple ipad Air 2 for larger screens. But there was only 1% between them in both categories.

OP
OP
jhorsf

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am at the moment leaning towards a hudl2 but is it really as good as an ipad at that price? The spec seems good for the money does anyone have a hudl 2 they use?

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I am at the moment leaning towards a hudl2 but is it really as good as an ipad at that price? The spec seems good for the money does anyone have a hudl 2 they use?
I had a look at my mother's new Hudl 2 this weekend. My first impression was how heavy it is, compared to an ipad mini or google nexus (our household has both). I was a little disappointed with screen resolution and it didn't seem that fast, considering it's brand new. I didn't try the cameras, so can't comment on the picture quality..

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have 4 iPads in my family and 3 iPhones but I can assure you that none of us are slaves to fashion or show offs.

Why are people so narrow minded that they resort to name calling just because someone prefers one product to another?

Perhaps it says more about the name caller than the iPad user?
No I think it says a lot about the ethos of Apple. On principle I won't buy anything that prevents me from doing what I want with it and is therefore exclusive.

Apple products are well-engineered, fast, and do what they say they'll do. By all accounts customer support is excellent - what's not to like? Well ...... see paragraph one.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Not so, my dear Watson. My frivolous fruit remark was nothing more then my infantile attempt to take the 'heat' away from a totally stupid and irrelevant argument, that has blossomed out of all proportion to the original question posed by the OP! x:-) Everyone has their favourite operating system, and that's fine, but when the discussion turns to 'my willy is bigger then your willy', it nullify's the whole point of answering the OP's original question........:xThumb::xThumb:
Doesn't that depend on how big your willy is though!!:xsmile:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Doesn't that depend on how big your willy is though!!:xsmile:
Well, you could foster the argument that a bigger willy can tap out the texts for you, whilst your hands are otherwise engaged in having your tea, or, by comparison, that a smaller willy is preferred if you wish to hold your Apple with it. Either way, willy size and dexterity matters not if your just saying "Er, excuse me, which operating system is the better......." :xThumb:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Well, you could foster the argument that a bigger willy can tap out the texts for you, whilst your hands are otherwise engaged in having your tea, or, by comparison, that a smaller willy is preferred if you wish to hold your Apple with it. Either way, willy size and dexterity matters not if your just saying "Er, excuse me, which operating system is the better......." :xThumb:
I find thst tippong oit tixts with my wally leads to too mind mistokes.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988

Brilliant post Holmes,:xeek: but the Alzheimers is becoming an issue....................................I'm WATSON!:xeek:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Brilliant post Holmes,:xeek: but the Alzheimers is becoming an issue....................................I'm WATSON!:xeek:
Sorry my good friend, but as you were otherwise engaged in your mollycoddling of the filthy rich, I had to engage, (at great expense), a substitute Watson, who was really not up to your exceedingly high standards, as he didn't even reply!

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I think you need to be careful with Windows tablets. Some of them don't run a full windows operating system, it is some sort of cut down version to work with the ARM chips. Windows 8 tablets with Intel chips will run all MS software I believe but the smaller devices with the ARM chips have Windows RT - which looks like Windows 8 but isn't. Hope that makes sense! :xgrin:

When I get back home tomorrow I'm running that post past my 12 year old IT advisor DBk, you lost me at the first bag of 'chips':xrofl:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Sorry my good friend, but as you were otherwise engaged in your mollycoddling of the filthy rich, I had to engage, (at great expense), a substitute Watson, who was really not up to your exceedingly high standards, as he didn't even reply!

Molly coddling you say........................how do you know about the head housekeeper.................err:xsurprised:

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Molly coddling you say........................how do you know about the head housekeeper.................err:xsurprised:
Elementary, my dear Watson. When you sent your telegram to our rooms in Baker Street, I detected a hidden meaning when you said STOP. Molly. STOP. I therefore concluded that in order to make her STOP, you were forced to despatch her with your service revolver, which I deduced was the large bulge in your trouser pocket when you caught the handsome cab to Euston. (y)

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Elementary, my dear Watson. When you sent your telegram to our rooms in Baker Street, I detected a hidden meaning when you said STOP. Molly. STOP. I therefore concluded that in order to make her STOP, you were forced to despatch her with your service revolver, which I deduced was the large bulge in your trouser pocket when you caught the handsome cab to Euston. (y)

Yes indeed it's impossible to conceal my Webley-Fosbery old chum!:xgrin:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
You lie sir, I can only find this
Ha the iPad won't let me post a link! Or rather I haven't figured out how get! Anyhow it was as royal support off Amazon, says nothing about the IPad though??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back