interior lights, gauge and taps not working (1 Viewer)

nanaelaine

Free Member
May 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest
Exp
We got to Skye last week but the above would not work on either battery or electric hook up. They worked a few weeks ago so any ideas where the loose wire must be. One night the lights did come on them,selves and then went off again so I am certain its not a fuse blown. Eddis autoqest peugot boxer 10 yrs old.:cry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Welcome to the forum

Firstly welcome to the forum.

I am sure you will get some suggestions re the issue with the lights etc.,

If they have come on, then it suggest it is a bad earth or loose wire. It is a case of hunting the circuits until you find where the issue is.. not much fun I know... Suggest you get yourself a multimeter that will allow you to check the circuits. It can be a case of a bad fuse connection.. like dirty.. the fuse holder as well as the fuse needs to be checked.

Start from the Battery and work to the control panel and from the control panel outwards. I presume the battery is OK? have you checked it?

Bob

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nanaelaine

Free Member
May 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest
Exp
thanks the battery is fine, we have found a loose wire ? where that belongs! and replaced some fuses but still not working so booked into a garage now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
sounds like a corroded earth strap or battery terminal on the leisure battery as different circuits are affected and the earth is the only common connection.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
N

nanaelaine

Free Member
May 20, 2012
England
Funster No
MH
Elddis autoquest
Exp
problem resolved

thanks it was a corroded wire from the battery, £60 the guy said it had 'been going for years' so I am glad its now sorted. Thankyou for your comments.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back