Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by geoff1947, Aug 26, 2009.

1. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

I have always carried an European Accident Statement in my insurance pack when travelling in Europe. This is a blue covered form and in the event of an accident, all details can be recorded on the inside for vehicle A and vehicle B. Due to the fact that I had all my details entered on my side of the Accident Statement (address, vehicle , policy number etc) it is now invalid as I have changed my van and policy. I rang Safeguard and Swinton with regards this today and they do not have this document anymore and as I feel it is an excellent form, wondered if anyone out there knew where I could lay my hands on a few. Hopefully I will never need it but like a good Boy Scout one has to "Be prepared"!:Eeek:

2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Yes they were good, but I've not seen one for years.

Possibility the EU revised it and now it weights 3 tonnes and comes complete with two lawyers.

3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

All trucks working Europe have them.If you know of a local European truck driver,ask him for one and copy a few off.Failing that any European haulage firms near you will find you one if asked nicely.

4. New Rover

New Rover Read Only Funster

I'm with Safeguard and they sent me this form when they issued my renewal documents last October.

5. Tinyk

Tinyk Read Only Funster

If you don't get any joy for finding a source drop me a pm and i will send you one next week when i get back to work, our insurance company sent us a load enclosed with accident packs, fortunatley we have not needed to use all the packs and i can take one apart for the form.

Kevin

6. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

Thanks for that. It seems that this form is unheard of in Insurance circles. Its such asimple idea I don't know why they don't all use them. In the army if a driver has an accident he fills in an FMT3 which is a very similayr form. No hassle no fuss and as both sign the document it cuts out errors or "selectivre memory loss" in the event of a claim. Off into town next wekk to see if any complanies still have them!:thumb:

7. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Knew I had seen them somewhere - we always carry them - use this link www.tachodisc.co.uk/products/digital/safety/go-go32-89.aspx or phone 01925 283328 contains camera - European accident report form - pen - tape measure - wax crayon in a proper nylon tool roll product code TAK and costs the small sum of £7.50 plus p&p and VAT they appear to stay usable for many years kept dry.

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

hi, i have one here .on it it says printed by cbc city print tel:01716268822 its old but i,l try to get in touch with them tomorropw .will let you know .

9. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Sorry that link does not appear to work - use above then search Accident Kit and it should take you to it

10. vwalan

vwalan Funster

as promised i triedto contact the printers of european accident statement forms. i had no success. i have contacted Camptons who i insure with and they say they will send out forms with greencards if requested. they are sending me a new one. i can only say ask your insurer or change to camptons .i know lots of fellow 5ers use them. they may be good for other vehicles as well give them a go. cheers alan.

11. vwalan

vwalan Funster

bump.