Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
I have always carried an European Accident Statement in my insurance pack when travelling in Europe. This is a blue covered form and in the event of an accident, all details can be recorded on the inside for vehicle A and vehicle B. Due to the fact that I had all my details entered on my side of the Accident Statement (address, vehicle , policy number etc) it is now invalid as I have changed my van and policy. I rang Safeguard and Swinton with regards this today and they do not have this document anymore and as I feel it is an excellent form, wondered if anyone out there knew where I could lay my hands on a few. Hopefully I will never need it but like a good Boy Scout one has to "Be prepared"!:Eeek:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yes they were good, but I've not seen one for years.

Possibility the EU revised it and now it weights 3 tonnes and comes complete with two lawyers.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
All trucks working Europe have them.If you know of a local European truck driver,ask him for one and copy a few off.Failing that any European haulage firms near you will find you one if asked nicely.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

New Rover

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
Funster No
I'm with Safeguard and they sent me this form when they issued my renewal documents last October.

Tinyk

Free Member
Mar 9, 2009
Funster No
If you don't get any joy for finding a source drop me a pm and i will send you one next week when i get back to work, our insurance company sent us a load enclosed with accident packs, fortunatley we have not needed to use all the packs and i can take one apart for the form.

Kevin

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
If you don't get any joy for finding a source drop me a pm and i will send you one next week when i get back to work, our insurance company sent us a load enclosed with accident packs, fortunatley we have not needed to use all the packs and i can take one apart for the form.

Kevin

Thanks for that. It seems that this form is unheard of in Insurance circles. Its such asimple idea I don't know why they don't all use them. In the army if a driver has an accident he fills in an FMT3 which is a very similayr form. No hassle no fuss and as both sign the document it cuts out errors or "selectivre memory loss" in the event of a claim. Off into town next wekk to see if any complanies still have them!:thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Knew I had seen them somewhere - we always carry them - use this link Link Removed or phone 01925 283328 contains camera - European accident report form - pen - tape measure - wax crayon in a proper nylon tool roll product code TAK and costs the small sum of £7.50 plus p&p and VAT they appear to stay usable for many years kept dry.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, i have one here .on it it says printed by cbc city print tel:01716268822 its old but i,l try to get in touch with them tomorropw .will let you know .

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Knew I had seen them somewhere - we always carry them - use this link Link Removed or phone 01925 283328 contains camera - European accident report form - pen - tape measure - wax crayon in a proper nylon tool roll product code TAK and costs the small sum of £7.50 plus p&p and VAT they appear to stay usable for many years kept dry.

Sorry that link does not appear to work - use above then search Accident Kit and it should take you to it

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
as promised i triedto contact the printers of european accident statement forms. i had no success. i have contacted Camptons who i insure with and they say they will send out forms with greencards if requested. they are sending me a new one. i can only say ask your insurer or change to camptons .i know lots of fellow 5ers use them. they may be good for other vehicles as well give them a go. cheers alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back