Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
It's gone quiet - Ian must to off the boat by now ; wonder which road he's driving down the wrong way - or maybe he did as he threatened, attached Helga to the bumper of another MoHome, and has since found out they're on their way to the South of France, not Spain. Or maybe he ran into the local constabulary, and they're all in a bar celebrating Ian's freedom.

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
View attachment 86113 the sun going down on the first day of the rest of my life! Saw small pod of dolphins a min ago they are amazing creatures !!
Well I read dolphins bring you good luck, enjoy your new life and adventures.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Right people,got off the ferry about 8am and it was like being in a David Attenborough documentary,,where the herd all tear away leaving the old boy at the back to get slaughtered! But I survived,,helga was great,,I'm an now parked on my very first aire in casalareinwaiting with coffee for nige
ano pamelaaaaaa to turn up later,,thanks to their excellent directions I found the place straight away,,again very cool people to sort me out and for that I will thank them ,, ANYWAY THERE IS A PIC OF HELGA AND I WILL DO ONE OF US TOGETHER SOON,, I know have a story to tell...on the ferry I met a woman who heard me talking to someone saying I was a builder,who has bought a finca in the hills and some village 20 mins from the coast in southern Spain, she asked me to have a look at it for her and advise as to what she can do,,she has recently divorced as well and has the final and nothing else,,bit like me and helga!, so I said I would have a look in a couple of days and I will maybe do a bit of volunteering for her,,gives me something to do for a couple of days and she has 6 acres there so no drama about parking helga! I met some nice people on the ferry,it was weird though ,,I left the UK on a French boat,spoke my best French to the crew and have landed in spain, ,tata UK. .aurevoir france,OLA ESPANIOLA..lol I have been in spain about 5 hours and haven't been robbed yet,always a good sign !, and for those who are wondering what I look like for I believe it was said a sprightly old boy!, I will get pamelaaaaaa to take a pic and then I will post,,,,,,,chat soon,,Ian ( the sprightly old BOY ) lol

Attachments

• 20151215_094848.jpg
    20151215_094848.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 20151215_094848.jpg
    20151215_094848.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 280
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Well done Ian - any problems with crossing the Bay of Biscay? Doing it ourselves in Jan and I'm dreading it.

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Oh and I am having my first coffee in a cafe and I'm doing a little light reading , the reading material was on the bar next to my coffee cup,,are they trying to tell me something do you think ? I suppose there's always a price to pay for free Internet! ,,!! Xx
Well done Ian - any problems with crossing the Bay of Biscay? Doing it ourselves in Jan and I'm dreading it.
dude it was a bit choppy but not too bad,I only threw up over 2 carravanners once !

Attachments

• 20151215_104513.jpg
    20151215_104513.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 229

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
the reading material was on the bar next to my coffee cup

Ian, funsters on the whole aren't that gullible, I've run a building company and I know that you guys pick your literature based solely on the pictures, so don't try to fool me........... :wink:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I hope the fund raising effort was successful enough to buy her some clothes. Winter is on it's way and she will catch a chill if she's not careful.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
my barber gets that every month.:xeek:
Oh and I am having my first coffee in a cafe and I'm doing a little light reading , the reading material was on the bar next to my coffee cup,,are they trying to tell me something do you think ? I suppose there's always a price to pay for free Internet! ,,!! Xx
dude it was a bit choppy but not too bad,I only threw up over 2 carravanners once !

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I hope the fund raising effort was successful enough to buy her some clothes. Winter is on it's way and she will catch a chill if she's not careful.

I think if I were unfortunate enough to meet her, I'd like to think that I could keep the worst of the cold away from her exposed extremities through actively rubbing, blowing and holding in close. I know, you all think I've had medical training but NO!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
I think if I were unfortunate enough to meet her, I'd like to think that I could keep the worst of the cold away from her exposed extremities through actively rubbing, blowing and holding in close. I know, you all think I've had medical training but NO!
Dirty boy!

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
What's happened to the other lady who's down there on her own, no posts lately.
If you're talking about Bridget , she has now returned to Cornwall!

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I'm an now parked on my very first aire in casalareinwaiting with coffee for nige
ano pamelaaaaaa to turn up later
Ian, Pamala & Nigel are a smashing couple, and very knowledgeable in all things to do with touring foreign parts. You won't go wrong in their company. (y)
Please pass on our very best regards from Rita and I. :)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No it was @JackieP that jumped to my mind.
Yeah that's the one, she started off ok then had a bit of trouble on an aire but moved off and was heading for Spain but since then , must be a month ago now , I havnt seen any posts from her, but I could of missed them.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah that's the one, she started off ok then had a bit of trouble on an aire but moved off and was heading for Spain but since then , must be a month ago now , I havnt seen any posts from her, but I could of missed them.
Well seems ok just looked her profile up and she was on , on 25 Nov in Portugal , must of missed it(n)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Right people,got off the ferry about 8am and it was like being in a David Attenborough documentary,,where the herd all tear away leaving the old boy at the back to get slaughtered! But I survived,,helga was great,,I'm an now parked on my very first aire in casalareinwaiting with coffee for nige
ano pamelaaaaaa to turn up later,,thanks to their excellent directions I found the place straight away,,again very cool people to sort me out and for that I will thank them ,, ANYWAY THERE IS A PIC OF HELGA AND I WILL DO ONE OF US TOGETHER SOON,, I know have a story to tell...on the ferry I met a woman who heard me talking to someone saying I was a builder,who has bought a finca in the hills and some village 20 mins from the coast in southern Spain, she asked me to have a look at it for her and advise as to what she can do,,she has recently divorced as well and has the final and nothing else,,bit like me and helga!, so I said I would have a look in a couple of days and I will maybe do a bit of volunteering for her,,gives me something to do for a couple of days and she has 6 acres there so no drama about parking helga! I met some nice people on the ferry,it was weird though ,,I left the UK on a French boat,spoke my best French to the crew and have landed in spain, ,tata UK. .aurevoir france,OLA ESPANIOLA..lol I have been in spain about 5 hours and haven't been robbed yet,always a good sign !, and for those who are wondering what I look like for I believe it was said a sprightly old boy!, I will get pamelaaaaaa to take a pic and then I will post,,,,,,,chat soon,,Ian ( the sprightly old BOY ) lol

Tell you what Helga scrubs up nice, watch them Spaniards around her, you know what they are like with a shapely female type.

Martin

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Helga looks a fine van worth every penny! Happy trip Ian looks like you've landed on your feet with the offer of work !! Keep the photos coming ! It's thick fog and rain here in sheffield!:xsmile:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Helga looks a fine van worth every penny! Happy trip Ian looks like you've landed on your feet with the offer of work !! Keep the photos coming ! It's thick fog and rain here in sheffield!:xsmile:
Could be more than just work if he's lucky:xrofl:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Ian Give our Regards to Nigel and pamalar and wish them a merry christmas from us up here ,and enjoy your time together with them thanks,Alf and marianne

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back