Free Member
Jan 29, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
20 years
Just to let you see what you have to look forward to,?? And make all those at home jealous !!! It's a small place called Almeramar ,weather lovely,beer and tapa,s !!!!:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What's happened to the other lady who's down there on her own, no posts lately.

dippingatoe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jul 23, 2013
UK
Funster No
MH
Thor Damon Daybreak 27P
Exp
jan 2014
Well done you - no messing about for Ian the Builder :)

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Look out for a lady with big legs, she may keep you company in your superior ships quarters.
This story has had me smiling from ear to ear.

Have a super trip, can't wait to see some pictures. Wait till Xmas is over, we will be whizzing off ourselves if all goes to plan.

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
Norfolk is very quiet must be missing you.(no, I do know you aren't missing Norfolk) The adventure begins,have a great time and just remember it's ???????????????

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Well first morning on board and I have been up an hour (habit after building for a living) and there's no one about? Can't get a brew and it's killing me! If I didn't know any better I would think they've all abandoned ship and I'm the lone survivor, Christ I know how Robinson Crusoe must have felt now ! I had a moment last night on the boat, I was standing at the bar. On a boat that had just left uk, I was speaking to a French barman but I was going to Spain!! I must now be a true European!!! Hang on I've just seen a chef running for a cheeky fag. I will see if I can get a brew !

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Hope your sailing is ok? There is a coffee vending machine on deck 6. If your desperate for a cuppa. We used the restaurant as we're not early risers.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Ian been reading your other thread and was happy to see you have made a good choice on ya mh ,so all that is left to say ENJOY Every moment of your travels ,one day we might just meet up,Regards AlfandM

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Did you manage to mug the chef for a brew? Hope the crossings good.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good luck on your travels. Might see you some place, we are leaving the Algarve in January and heading west into Spain, don't know where yet.

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Ian, you are a bad man, you are making me want to do exactly the same thing!

Luckily my sensible head takes over and says 'sit out your boring office life until you pension is at its max'

If I was a tradesperson that could earn money on the go I would be sorely tempted.

Alas my work involves IBM Mainframe computers that are getting fewer and further between!

How quickly could I become a proficient brickie .......... ?? :xlaugh:

Have a great time and keep the updates coming, clearly everyone is enjoying them :xThumb:

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
He's going to make a lot of people very envious. Hope the Bay is relatively calm.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
IMO he should get to Benidorm (can get there in a day) as he will meet up with loads of funsters down there, who can help iron out/explain any issues that come up with van... have an enjoyable Christmas/new year in a relaxed atmosphere, getting used to the van in good company, then head of in the new year for Portugal..whatever.

last I saw the plan was to turn right along north Spain coast, quote "keeping the sea on my right" getting to Algarve that way. maybe that has changed I'm not sure as dont really know where he is heading to be honest....

Last edited:

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
So you are going the long route then, enjoy South America?

LOL never was very good at geography. We are going East and then North up through Spain and then up the west coast of France and back to the west country in the UK. Or that's my plan but who knows. :eek:(y)

OP
OP
ianthebuilder
Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
IMO he should get to Benidorm (can get there in a day) as he will meet up with loads of funsters down there, who can help iron out/explain any issues that come up with van... have an enjoyable Christmas/new year in a relaxed atmosphere, getting used to the van in good company, then head of in the new year for Portugal..whatever.
Haha Eddie I do wind you up don't I llooll well mate I'm going to have a couple of days around north spain then I'm gonna do what you suggested,I'm off to benidorm area any fun stars down there yet?.
last I saw the plan was to turn right along north Spain coast, quote "keeping the sea on my right" getting to Algarve that way. maybe that has changed I'm not sure as dont really know where he is heading to be honest....

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

You dont really worry me just find you a bit perplexing..maybe a bit bonkers. just trying to give you nudge in the right direction...just want you to have a good time!

northern Spain will be dead and cold.

tip join the "benidorm snowbirds group"

Broken Link Removed

open a thread, tell them you are coming and see if anyone can reserve a pitch for you..as its very busy down there (with good reason)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back