I Love My E & P Jacks (10 Viewers)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes but you can't lower it can you :p
They take the tortion rods out of the axle and put weaker ones in so the air can raise and LOWER it. The front too, coil springs binned
lower ?????
Oooooerrrrrrrrr

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes you can drop it right down then level it with the E&P's rock solid
But it's rock solid without having to lower it - sounds like not much benefit compared with the jacks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
This morning I can confirm that my jacks will not retract without the ignition on and even if it was on I cannot accidentally knock the handbrake off with this rarespares extender whilst stowed as pictured
image.jpeg

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just collected our Carthago from Full Circle Enterprises at Banham, Norfolk after having E&P jacks fitted.
They have done a very neat and thorough job plus a full demo and explanation at handover.
We had the 'gubbins' (technical term) fitted in the front locker as advised by @Robert Clark so there is no loss of usable storage space.
I would thoroughly recommend Full Circle as a very pleasant company to do business with. Peter Cook, General Manager and Mark Hull, Engineering Manager who did the fitting, have been very helpful and the whole team have made the extraction of large amounts of dosh from my wallet almost a pleasure.

Richard.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
I'm getting tempted. All this talk of E&P and full air isn't helping me to resist temptation.
Suppose the wife will have to be the voice of reason.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Looking at those pictures @Clarky it is obvious that the standard of fitting is universal, this can only be achieved by not supplying this sort of gear to anyone apart from trained and approved installers.

They have done a lovely job on yours and they certainly did on mine. Nice one..........Griff

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Richard - have you found that your drop down coffee machine thingy drops down when you drive on very bumpy roads ?

If so I've got a fix for this

Regards
Robert
Ha ha! Yes Robert, it happened today driving home.
Only happens on very bumpy roads.........like in the middle of Narfuk. :)

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Looking at those pictures @Clarky it is obvious that the standard of fitting is universal, this can only be achieved by not supplying this sort of gear to anyone apart from trained and approved installers.

They have done a lovely job on yours and they certainly did on mine. Nice one..........Griff
I think you are right Griff.
There are only a handful of installers in the UK, around five I think, so they ensure the quality and training is top notch.
Mark, who installed ours, obviously takes great pride in his work and was insistent that I call him direct if I have any questions or problems. It's good to see that sort of level of service these days and we are lucky to have a few in the MoHo world.

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Ha ha! Yes Robert, it happened today driving home.
Only happens on very bumpy roads.........like in the middle of Narfuk. :)
Ours kept dropping down on our recent trip to Italy - and got worse as we went along. It's a bad design as it relies purely on a piston to support the weight of a Nespresso Pod machine.
So I fixed it with a chrome Sash Window Catch
View from below - which slides out when travelling
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

And retracts when needed
image.jpg

Mrs C gave me 5 stars for innovation !

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Perhaps I am too fussy but whilst it is functional it is certainly not aesthetically pleasing .

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Perhaps I am too fussy but whilst it is functional it is certainly not aesthetically pleasing .
Hi Gus
You can't see the jacks when not extended - unless you look right under the van.
The pump is hidden away too, so nothing to see their either.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Called for a weigh today with full everything but no bikes and I have 130kg spare of which 90kg can go to the back.
I might up plate it to 4500kg

1960 front
2160 rear

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Called for a weigh today with full everything but no bikes and I have 130kg spare of which 90kg can go to the back.
I might up plate it to 4500kg

1960 front
2160 rear

its a no brainer for me Andy, once you are over 3.5t it doesn't matter what value it is

anyway the air suspension will easily cope with the extra weight (y):)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
its a no brainer for me Andy, once you are over 3.5t it doesn't matter what value it is

anyway the air suspension will easily cope with the extra weight (y):)
I still don't know if it's possible on my van but that will add weight too.
I do wonder why my van was chosen as 4250 when I have a 2100 front and a 2400 rear?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I still don't know if it's possible on my van but that will add weight too.
I do wonder why my van was chosen as 4250 when I have a 2100 front and a 2400 rear?

similar to mine, cant recall my values now but combined axle limits added up to 500kg more than previous gross, we have now uprated to 5.5t

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
same as mine ...your's is better balanced thou at 1960/2160
100kg of batteries front and 100kg batteries at rear :LOL:
Seriously though yes the balance is excellent due to water diesel and gas all being forwards leaving the garage to balance it out.
Front has climbed by only 40kg since front jacks and two more batteries. Don't really add up but well under my limit

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
did you have to do a lot to your MH david to have it uprated ?

nothing at all, we had already fitted air suspension just before uprating but they didn't even ask, I presume because all we did was move gross weight up to the sum of both axles it was pretty much a done deal

we used SV Tech as well, very easy

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Two of your hydraulic lines look to be too long to me
img_1791-jpg.104761

Mine look much smoother into the angled connectors. Although had this been a DIY install I would not even have a crossed pipe but that is out of my control.
image-L.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Two of your hydraulic lines look to be too long to me

In our case it really doesn't matter much. The area above the pump is 'dead space' and can't be used for anything else. From an appearance point of view it can't be viewed without going down on hands and knees and peering past the baskets of bits and bobs that are stored in the front of the locker or removing cushions and lifting the seat base above.
As it is fitted right at the back of a locker and beside the rear seat belt supports it would have been awkward to reach in and titivate so I'm really not bothered.
Your installation though is where you can see it as soon as you open the locker so looks and neatness will have been more important to you and the fitter.

Richard.

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Just finished washing the MH ,the jacks come in handy there too as you can lift the rear to help the water run off

Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Can't be paying out for these posh jack pads so in the best tradition of 'make do and mend' I made my own.
1x hardwood log cut in two
2x lengths of rope (from a long length that was 'acquired')
1x old unused broom handle
1x unused hook from shed
4x large staples
Cost zero. :)

Gives me an extra 3-4 inches of lift for sloping sites like La Mailleraye, although they won't do much to spread the load on soggy ground.
IMG_1797.JPG
IMG_1796.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back