I enjoy camping so much (1 Viewer)

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
In peak season i pay on average £25 for the 4 of us. I think the prices are fine, and would happily pay them. I remember 1 site with the caravan we paid an eye watering £52 a night. o_O That was steep but it was exactly where we needed to be and had no real choice.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Perhaps and I say perhaps if the price was around:

£5 for motorhome to park - no services - max of 7 days ( allows for someone to say and pay full wack )
£7 for motorhome to park with EHU - no services - max of 7 days ( allows for someone to say and pay full wack ) - you could charge something like £2 for use of service like empty gray and fresh water. We stayed in a place which only opened fresh water point each day when asked.
£10 for motorhome to park with full services no limit. This would be of MORE interest many many MH owners who want nothing or want it all. I know the OP is reading these post, so I hope suggestions like this helps. I know if I was visiting Wales ( see in-laws ) and the prices were around the mark above I would be parking there right away.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
In peak season i pay on average £25 for the 4 of us. I think the prices are fine, and would happily pay them. I remember 1 site with the caravan we paid an eye watering £52 a night. o_O That was steep but it was exactly where we needed to be and had no real choice.

£25 a night x 10 nights is £250 - now you could get Eurotunnel for £198 return still have £52 for fuel and stay in many places for free with EHU in some and enjoy surroundings. This is were the UK sites are being silly - I'm all for using our MH in your home country, but NOT at the cost they are charing use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I wish you the best of luck with your venture, there are a lot of people on here that sometimes wonder about doing what you have done, I am one of them but then I wake up and move on. I think the prices are not cheap if more than 6m, but then we paid 47 pounds for 2 nights in Pickering last year for 2 adults with 1 dog. We expect the facilities to be good at that price, as with most people, if it fitted our plans we would Google it, check the park homes locations and probably try it out.

My only query is why 6m length distinction, usually it is around 8m that there might be an extra charge if limited spaces, the doubt 6m raises for me is that the pitches may be quite small?

OP
OP
Nick100

Nick100

Free Member
Apr 6, 2014
Blaenpennal
Funster No
MH
IH Savannah gold
Exp
Since 2009
I wish you the best of luck with your venture, there are a lot of people on here that sometimes wonder about doing what you have done, I am one of them but then I wake up and move on. I think the prices are not cheap if more than 6m, but then we paid 47 pounds for 2 nights in Pickering last year for 2 adults with 1 dog. We expect the facilities to be good at that price, as with most people, if it fitted our plans we would Google it, check the park homes locations and probably try it out.

My only query is why 6m length distinction, usually it is around 8m that there might be an extra charge if limited spaces, the doubt 6m raises for me is that the pitches may be quite small?
This is a valid point.....................8 metres ..........i will look at that thanks

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Been reading this thread with interest. :Smile:

Agree with all those who've pointed out that a 6m length limit for a standard pitch is going to lose you quite a bit of custom, mine included. I have an 8m van but no way am I going to be paying extra for a 'serviced' pitch. From mid-April onwards I am rarely on hook-up as my van is geared up to be self-sufficient with solar and gas. In the winter I use hook-up but do not need or want fresh water and grey water disposal on my pitch.

Also a large number of motorhomers travel as couples or solos. I therefore have no inclination to pay a flat fee for up to 4 people if there is just one or two of us in the van.

I know it must be very difficult to cater for all preferences but if I had been considering your site for a stay, the above reasons would have ruled it out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back