Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
the reason I prefer to see crimped joints heatshrunk in motorhomes is the vibration aspect. especially if the crimps are not perfectly done and tight
I agree with you but all crimps were not the cheap Chinese variety but good quality and crimped with the correct ratchet tool, making sure no 'hairs' were missed, and tugged to ensure good contact.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I agree with you but all crimps were not the cheap Chinese variety but good quality and crimped with the correct ratchet tool, making sure no 'hairs' were missed, and tugged to ensure good contact.
If done like that they should not be a problem. Good quality crimps and the correct tool are essential. We also have to deal with the vibration problem with vessel thrusters/generators etc running 24/7/365 and I have never had a properly done crimp fail under those circumstances and we use every size from 1mm up to (uninsulated but with heatshrink) 100mm and voltages between 12vDC & 6kV AC.
Nothing wrong with going belt and braces with heathshrink as well but if I was going to that length I'd use the adhseive lined type where the adhesive melts and flows as you heat the shrink tube thus giving a very strong mechanical joint that is also waterproof.

OP
OP
Baycott
Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I still have had no satisfaction from Marquis and the service manager has refused to reply to my last two emails.
Does anybody know the email address of a more senior person worth approaching?
Its not about the money anymore but the fact that I have been ignored after spending in excess of £50k with them has got mu goat :swear:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't know what you expect/want ... I assume the service manager has already replied at least once, if so he/she probably can't see the point in repeating what's already been said. It is annoying but they can pick and choose what they charge and there's nothing you can really do about it except go elsewhere if another dealer can/will do it.

I've had a look for email addresses for Geoff Scott (CEO) and Mike Crouch (Managing Director) but nothing's come up - you could try contacting Autosleeper (there's the same company) and see if you have any joy that way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back