Hymer indicators and fuses

Discussion in 'Hymer' started by Schpinky, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Schpinky

Schpinky Read Only Funster

Hello

I have a 1990 Hymer 564.

The other day i noticed my internal directional indicator was not flashing when indicating left. On inspection it is only the rear nearside indicators (i have 2) that are not working. I have checked both bulbs and they look fine. The other lights are all fine. Is this a fuse issue and if so are the fuses readily available? Any help with this would be gratefully received. If it is a fuse, which one and where would I get one?

Many thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Cheers!

Schpinky

2. eric 83

eric 83 Read Only Funster

If it's Fiat based I think the fuses are in the glove box and the cover shows which fuse does what.

3. ciderman

ciderman Funster

check you are getting power to the light socket and check the bulbs with a volt meter just because they look good does not mean they are good check simple things first

4. Schpinky

Thanks Eric and Ciderman. I have checked the fuse and it is fine, the fuse is for multiple things which all work, it is just the rear nearside indicator not working. I shall get new bulbs and see if that does the job. I will post back to let you know how i get on. Cheers.:Smile:

5. SIFTA SAM

SIFTA SAM Read Only Funster

Also be aware that there may be a multiway electrical connection located underneath the rear bumper (as on later models). These connectors are prone to pin corrosion due to water ingress.

6. Schpinky

OK. Well i bought a Draper Pocket Analogue Multimeter, read the pamphlet and still have no idea how to use it! :Doh: Guess I need to use DCV but there are numbers from 2.5 to 500 and i don't know which one to set it to. Am now about to take the whole light housing out to see if I can see a loose earth wire. Hmmmmm.

7. SIFTA SAM

SIFTA SAM Read Only Funster

Select DCV 50. This will give a full scale deflection of the meter needle for a 50v dc input voltage.

If the meter needle swings hard to the left, you will need to reverse your leads on the points you are monitoring.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    • Like Like x 1