Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Hello

I have a 1990 Hymer 564.

The other day i noticed my internal directional indicator was not flashing when indicating left. On inspection it is only the rear nearside indicators (i have 2) that are not working. I have checked both bulbs and they look fine. The other lights are all fine. Is this a fuse issue and if so are the fuses readily available? Any help with this would be gratefully received. If it is a fuse, which one and where would I get one?

Many thanks for reading and I look forward to any replies.

Cheers!

Schpinky

eric 83

Free Member
Jan 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
30+yrs
If it's Fiat based I think the fuses are in the glove box and the cover shows which fuse does what.

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old
check you are getting power to the light socket and check the bulbs with a volt meter just because they look good does not mean they are good check simple things first

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Schpinky

Free Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks Eric and Ciderman. I have checked the fuse and it is fine, the fuse is for multiple things which all work, it is just the rear nearside indicator not working. I shall get new bulbs and see if that does the job. I will post back to let you know how i get on. Cheers.:Smile:

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Thanks Eric and Ciderman. I have checked the fuse and it is fine, the fuse is for multiple things which all work, it is just the rear nearside indicator not working. I shall get new bulbs and see if that does the job. I will post back to let you know how i get on. Cheers.:Smile:

Also be aware that there may be a multiway electrical connection located underneath the rear bumper (as on later models). These connectors are prone to pin corrosion due to water ingress.

OP
OP
S

Schpinky

Free Member
Aug 16, 2012
Ringwood
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
OK. Well i bought a Draper Pocket Analogue Multimeter, read the pamphlet and still have no idea how to use it! :Doh: Guess I need to use DCV but there are numbers from 2.5 to 500 and i don't know which one to set it to. Am now about to take the whole light housing out to see if I can see a loose earth wire. Hmmmmm.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
OK. Well i bought a Draper Pocket Analogue Multimeter, read the pamphlet and still have no idea how to use it! :Doh: Guess I need to use DCV but there are numbers from 2.5 to 500 and i don't know which one to set it to. Am now about to take the whole light housing out to see if I can see a loose earth wire. Hmmmmm.

Select DCV 50. This will give a full scale deflection of the meter needle for a 50v dc input voltage.

If the meter needle swings hard to the left, you will need to reverse your leads on the points you are monitoring.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back