Hymer Duomobile Indicator Woes (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Presently in Southern Spain nearside indicator/drl has stopped working. I repaired the wiring loom for this unit some time ago so guessing another wire has obviously failed. It’s very wet here so have extended our stay till Monday in the hope the better weather that’s forecast materialises so I can fit a repaired spare loom. Not a happy bunny, Hymer should be ashamed denying there is an ongoing issue with these wiring looms, it’s a safety issue.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Wonder were you would stand with insurance if involved in an accident due to the indicator not working. 🤔🤔🤔

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Presently in Southern Spain nearside indicator/drl has stopped working. I repaired the wiring loom for this unit some time ago so guessing another wire has obviously failed. It’s very wet here so have extended our stay till Monday in the hope the better weather that’s forecast materialises so I can fit a repaired spare loom. Not a happy bunny, Hymer should be ashamed denying there is an ongoing issue with these wiring looms, it’s a safety issue.
I totally agree the dam things are not fit for purpose both mine are on new looms so we will see how long they last? The firs one failed and I was sent a complete headlight and loom that was the firs day I had it so that’s still ok after nearly four years I am hoping the other side is going to last with just a loom replacement after the original was repaired twice before buying new🤔

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
Hi
Are the replacement looms a better quality than the original ones that were originally fitted ?

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016
From another thread today.
I have a 2019 Hymer Exsis I 678, the left front indicator light has failed. The light in question seems to be both a white day time running light & yellow turn indicator light. I am getting a dash board warning triangle & a message "check LH turn light"

I have just spoken to my supplier, Lowdhams, who assure me they have not seen this fault ( indicator not working) on an Exsis I previously.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have just spoken to my supplier, Lowdhams, who assure me they have not seen this fault ( indicator not working) on an Exsis I previously.
They may not have seen it on an Exsis but it is the same loom used on all A class Hymers, or they could just be lying.

Edit:
Same loom on all A Class Hymers with the plastic headlamps.

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
They may not have seen it on an Exsis but it is the same loom used on all A class Hymers, or they could just be lying.
Is it possible to make up your own loom ?
Yes I think so as the connectors are fairly standard, quite a lot of work. Buying the connectors in small quantities won't be cheap either.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
From another thread today.
I have a 2019 Hymer Exsis I 678, the left front indicator light has failed. The light in question seems to be both a white day time running light & yellow turn indicator light. I am getting a dash board warning triangle & a message "check LH turn light"

I would suggest Lowdhams are being economical with the truth,to be honest I have had two new looms and the first one has been in place for four years now without problem and the second on the other headlamp around two years again without problem.
In my mind Hymer should have done a recall and replaced them.🤔

May 22, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I 678
Exp
Since 2016

Edit:
Same loom on all A Class Hymers with the plastic headlamps.
Hi.
Yes as suggested it was a break in 2 places on one wire in the loom. I soldered a short length of wire & sealed with heat shrink tube. Now working OK. For how long ? . The loom is not the quality I would have hoped from Hymer.
Travel world have quoted £130 for a replacement loom 2-3 weeks delivery. I still await Lowdhams price.

Can I assume that the same loom does both left & right lights ? At £130 it is hard to bring myself to order a spare just in case.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi.
Yes as suggested it was a break in 2 places on one wire in the loom. I soldered a short length of wire & sealed with heat shrink tube. Now working OK. For how long ? . The loom is not the quality I would have hoped from Hymer.
Travel world have quoted £130 for a replacement loom 2-3 weeks delivery. I still await Lowdhams price.

Can I assume that the same loom does both left & right lights ? At £130 it is hard to bring myself to order a spare just in case.
Give Chris a call at: Reliance .
Reliance CMS Limited T/A Reliance Caravan & Motorhome Services
Units D1 to D3 New Barn Offices, Funtington, Chichester, West Sussex, PO18 9DA
+44 (0) 1243 940050 darren@reliancecms.uk www.reliancecms.uk
VAT Reg No: 251 4949 93

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Hi all update on headlight looms I bought two replacements a while back and fitted one straight away which is still going strong.
The other headlamp was completely replaced under warranty within the first week of buying the van it came complete with loom? That loom has now failed so have had to use my spare replacement.
I am not confident that the new harnesses I have fitted will be any more resilient so thought I would order another for a spare? Highbridge have quoted £145.82 inc VAT and carriage for one harness🤬?
I think they are taking the we we does anyone know of someone or a company who can make up a harness in the UK as would probably be cheaper?
I am awaiting quotes from Southdowns and Reliance for comparison and will update when received.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I thought they were £80 from HOG and heavier cables.

I've had one of mine go on New Years Eve, took it out while I was away and found another 5 cracks on the wires with corrosion sorted those but it didn't fix it. Taken the loom out today to have a further look.

I originally thought the wires had been nicked in an auto cutting & stripping machine. When I put the looms back in last time there were definitely no cracks on the wires so looks like crap quality pvc.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi all update on headlight looms I bought two replacements a while back and fitted one straight away which is still going strong.
The other headlamp was completely replaced under warranty within the first week of buying the van it came complete with loom? That loom has now failed so have had to use my spare replacement.
I am not confident that the new harnesses I have fitted will be any more resilient so thought I would order another for a spare? Highbridge have quoted £145.82 inc VAT and carriage for one harness🤬?
I think they are taking the we we does anyone know of someone or a company who can make up a harness in the UK as would probably be cheaper?
I am awaiting quotes from Southdowns and Reliance for comparison and will update when received.
You have a message

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I thought they were £80 from HOG and heavier cables.

I've had one of mine go on New Years Eve, took it out while I was away and found another 5 cracks on the wires with corrosion sorted those but it didn't fix it. Taken the loom out today to have a further look.

I originally thought the wires had been nicked in an auto cutting & stripping machine. When I put the looms back in last time there were definitely no cracks on the wires so looks like crap quality pvc.
I agree total rubbish 🤬

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Those commissioned by the HOG were £205 per pair including delivery, for HOG members. (I know that some on here were naughty enough to get banned from HOG.😀)
We have a couple stashed away in the garage, ready for when our current ones give up the ghost 😏.
The HOG ones are definitely more substantial than the originals. They were supplied through a company called Layzee Camper. As far as I understand, the original intention was that Layzee Camper would continue to supply them, after the initial batch, but at a higher cost than the HOG ones. It may be worth seeking out their website.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Those commissioned by the HOG were £205 per pair including delivery, for HOG members. (I know that some on here were naughty enough to get banned from HOG.😀)
We have a couple stashed away in the garage, ready for when our current ones give up the ghost 😏.
The HOG ones are definitely more substantial than the originals. They were supplied through a company called Layzee Camper. As far as I understand, the original intention was that Layzee Camper would continue to supply them, after the initial batch, but at a higher cost than the HOG ones. It may be worth seeking out their website.
Have done so and they are £249.99 + shipping for a pair and as you say far more substantial thanks for the info. I’m still annoyed that Hymer have never done a recall and charge extortionate price for crap replacements🤬🤬

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Speve Yes, it's very annoying. We've replaced both of ours already. Hopefully, the HOGs ones will do the job. 🤞

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
If anyone has a defective one they would like to send me, I will look to source the plugs and copy it at much lower cost. If I had one here, I would be able to offer an exchange service. All made with better specified cables

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Update Southdowns quoted £179 for one harness four week lead time🤬🤣
for info customs was £14.40 and postage £28.55🤔

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Update Southdowns quoted £179 for one harness four week lead time🤬🤣
for info customs was £14.40 and postage £28.55🤔
Absolute joke, they should be giving that rubbish away for free.

Like the plastic door hinges that aren't fit for purpose that Hymer wanted £120 for, the marine grade stainless steel ones I had made cost a fraction of the price.

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Looks like I’ve joined the club.
My front o/s indicator ( led built into the headlight) packed up today.
Have ordered replacement looms from Lazee Camper should be here within a couple of days.
Hoping it’s not the headlight.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back