Huawei E5577 start up and set up (1 Viewer)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
As per usual I'm late in the day trying to get the mifi set up before our trip away next week. So this is an unlocked device bought from motorhome wifi and I'm following the instructions as best I can.
SIM card is installed correctly; I hit the power button then get the Huawei splash screen and then a battery symbol with 4 bars on it ( which to me suggests it's charged ). That's as far as it gets ....... nothing further than the battery screen.
Anyone got any thoughts as to what's wrong......or more likely, what I've done wrong!

Cheers

Bob

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
If it's anything like mine, you need some patience for it to 'boot-up' and show the mobile signal. Sometimes seems to take like half a lifetime, especially the first time you fire it up, or move to a different country.

The only other thing I can think of is to double check if the sim is the right way up/round.

Good luck with it.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
It will also show "No signal" when it first boots up, which will elicit a groan from you.
Be patient for a while and the signal should come on.......usually very strong.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
If it's anything like mine, you need some patience for it to 'boot-up' and show the mobile signal. Sometimes seems to take like half a lifetime, especially the first time you fire it up, or move to a different country.

The only other thing I can think of is to double check if the sim is the right way up/round.

Good luck with it.
Thanks @mikebeaches. The sim is definitely the right way up. To be fair, we're not in a great reception area here at the moment so that's not going to help either. I shall try and be patient and see what happens.

Jan 10, 2011
South Coast
Funster No
MH
Frankia i800 A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Mine is a slightly different model, but the battery symbol comes up and then I have to press the start button again for it to start properly. Even in a weak signal area you should get a no signal message.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I try logging in to something on google which will then make it swop to the Huewei page showing the "connect" graph & bars. click on connect & wait until it does.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
If it's just showing battery it's not turned on? Maybe. :)

OP
OP
Baileysbus

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Mine is a slightly different model, but the battery symbol comes up and then I have to press the start button again for it to start properly. Even in a weak signal area you should get a no signal message.
Ah ha! Thanks @HobbyHarvey ...... that worked (y) Straight in as expected! Many thanks everyone :merci:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back