Hobby Window Recall

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by grasscutter, Aug 11, 2016.

1. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

Has anyone else received a letter from Hobby regarding the fixed panoramic window above the cab area.
    Apparently there have been incidents of the window becoming loose and flying off.
    They recommend additional adhesive and sealant.
    Rang them up and they said the nearest dealer is 180 miles away in Weston Super Mare.
    When I questioned this they said I could contact any NCC registered workshop to carry out the works.
    They say a letter has been sent to all registered workshops detailing the repair.
    I've rang six so far and none want to carry out the works or have any notification of it.
    Interested to hear of anyone else's experience.
    Hobby UK were supposed to call me back about a possible national windscreen company to carry out the works but I'm still waiting.
    Graham

2. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

For what its gonna cost you plus the hassle i would either do the fix myself or if you feel its out of your capabilities get a mobile fixer to come to your house and do the job.. After the story i heard from my local Hobby workshop someone had a cracked panoramic window crack and a new one was ordered via Hobby, to get it out they had to cover it in film and smash it, once removed they discovered Hobby had sent the wrong glass, so the guy who owned the MH had to leave it there for 3 weeks until another was sent from Germany

• Like Like x 1
  3. maz

maz Funster

See this thread:
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/hobby-recall.135751/

4. daveandsan

daveandsan Funster

Had no letter yet (we own a 2010 Hobby Siesta Exclusive) but as we are the third owner i wonder how Hobby check ownership.
    Been rather busy this week but will do some ringing round tomorrow,will post my results.

5. grasscutter

grasscutter Funster Life Member

• Like Like x 1