sp2mike

Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Have a good look around the layouts and decide what suits you. For every good point, their is a compromise - so you have to think very carefully! Old way I used to think of things is to ask yourself 'Could we stand being stuck inside for a few days?' Daft question - but can discount many you may look at.
Garages are great for storing things, but are reknown for being draughty so may not be good if you want to go to colder places, or winter weekends away. U shaped lounges add a nice spacious lounging and lower bed area, but this makes to loo door/oven door access an issue as they tend to have little space to open the door of the oven.

Every good point has a polar opposite - and finding the right one will mean a compromise on something...it is what it is all about!

Get used to prices, keep looking and get used to what gets what. You can get cheaper 07-10 era models (early new shape) as they had 'juddergate' issues that may or may not have been rectified - so find out. Quality was poorer than older models on these as recession was just starting, 4 day week etc. You will find upholstery is thinner, and not as comfy etc. Dont be suprised if you see older models for sale at higher prices than some newer ones. Some prefer more comfort, dry clutch and easier maintenance.

You will certainly start getting cheesed off with looking before you find the right one - that I can guarantee!

Thanks for those thoughts... or anxieties :Smile: I've started to notice 'em more on the motorway (where I have been cruising these past few days) and worryingly the names on the backs have started to register ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
sp2mike

sp2mike

Free Member
Jun 20, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Hi,and welcome from us in Llantrisant-we bought our van at CLV in Cross Hands-it was previously owned by a couple from Laugharne who have holiday homes ::bigsmile:

Mike

I've harassed CLV for brochures already!! Refreshingly they didn't try and sell me anything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back