Hi All !! another new one here :0) (1 Viewer)

D

DunHoming

Deleted User
Hi,

Im Paul a 51 year old ex mechanic married for 30 yrs to Denise. 3 sons blah,blah ::bigsmile:

4 years or so back got ourselves a great old Merc powered Autotrail Apache, one of the green and white coachbuilt ones.

Just attracted me by its purposeful classic camper looks.. and to be honest for an old van it was and is very well fitted out. Im not an expert on campers but I think in 1991 it must have been one of the better MH's out there. And I shall miss it a lot in all honesty.

anyways, the old girl.. Wilma the Merc that is not the wife !! has done stirling service and taken us all over Europe and the Brit Isles. We put 28000 very happy miles on the old bus. and she never ever failed us. just regular servicing etc and replacement of any bits as and when needed. ( this is similar to wifey !!)

but as with most things it came to pass that we wanted better and newer.. lets hope this pans out to be true, and have bought a new to us 2004 Bessacar E760 lo-line

So now its time to upgrade "Betty" the bessacarr to my hearts content and once again has some great holidays and weekends away in it.

Although the biggest mod I did to the old MH was a TB turbo-intercooler upgrade the new machine being a Ducato 2.8TDI is a revelation, cant wait till I ask the age old question of whether chipping or remapping is the way to go !!!!

that kind of talk was way over the head of me and my old trusty Merc 208D :Smile:

Cheers all, Paul V.

p.s. anyone think I perhaps may have more than a passing remblance to Fred Flintstone ? I have just realised my wife named MH no1 "Wilma" and no2 "Betty"

lets hope its not because she looks like Barney Rubble :Doh:

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Hi Paul,let me be the first to say wecome to the fun, I hope you have as much with your new rig as you did with the last,hope you can make it to some of the meet's this year:Smile:

OP
OP
D

DunHoming

Deleted User
Hi Kickstart.

many thanks for the welcome. 2009 will be the year we do go to our first club meets and some rallies.

We have yet to go to any real motorhome shows too.

I have found that the general holidays and touring breaks we have had were fantastic, but to be able to get to know some like minded folk and have a decent weekend away sounds like the next step for us.

Paul.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi paul and denise and welcome from me too,

have a look in the calender and see if any meets/rallies grab you. the show meets are very popular.

the only thing thats arranged is the location and date.....you do as you like.

most folks meet up at night for a beer and a natter in Jims (admin/ringleader) "canvas clubhouse" which doubles as a bring your own 'cafe' during the day:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
looks like we have gremlins in the works again.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

or you've been very busy posting....:Doh: four and a quarter BILLION posts.:)

DunHoming

Funster No : 6282
MH Type: Coachbuilt
MH Model: Bessacarr E760
Years Motorhoming: 5 years

Last edited:

Manouche

Free Member
Feb 5, 2009
Southsea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
20 years
Hi from us too,.... an ex-mechanic eh !
I would have kept that under my hat, you could find yourself very poular at the meets.
A very warm welcome.:thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi, Dun a warm welcome from up north!
Dave:thumb:

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Paul and Denice.
Welcome to the FUN. You have the same background as i [but dont tell anyone]. It helps to keep the cost of running a MH down. The meets are great. Hope to meet you at one sometime
Pudseykeith & Rosalie. :thumb:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
I think he may be sorted by now- posted in 2009!
Cheers, Dave(y)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Hi and a warm welcome to the Funtastic world of madness :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
This post is from 2009, not sure the original OP will see this. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.