Here we are in Luxembourg.

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by MikeandCarolyn, Sep 19, 2012.

1. MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn Read Only Funster

After a quiet night on Marine Parade on Sun we got the 10.00 hrs DFDS ferry to Dunkirk on Mon-think we prefer P&O but DFDS was cheaper :BigGrin:
    Stayed at Cateau Cambresis on Mon night then drove to Hans sur Lesse in Belgium on Tues.
    Have to say Belgium seems to be a bit of an inconvenience between France,Holland, Germany and Luxembourg :Smile: Road surfaces were appalling although there did seem to be a lot of resurfacing going on.
    This morning we drove to Diekirk in Luxembourg-nice little town,but nothing special.
    Tomorrow we head for Luxembourg city and an ACSI site just outside,where we will stay a couple of nights and 'do' the City.
    Had lunch in a little cafe today-when I asked for mustard he said that he had Portuguese mustard (tres piquant),then we noticed that tv was showing a Portuguese channel-the owner was Portuguese :Smile:He didn't know JJ personally but had heard rumours of a mad Englishman touring around with an attractive French lady (not really,I'm using poetic license there)

Some of you might remember that I had a Spinal Nerve Root block last Wed :BigGrin: Am now pain free for 1st time in 18mths :BigGrin: Wonder how long it will last.
    One of 'Jim's' tyre pressure monitors started flashing last night-it was simple matter to put
    4lbs pressure back in with our bicycle track pump this morn. So that's proved it's worth in my book-thanks Jim.

Mike.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Do visit the chataux at Clervaux there is a fantastic WW2 museum in the the building and a photo art exhibition up on the hill. One of the best museums I have visited.

3. Popeye

Popeye Funster

Good job the Curator didn't spot you Roger, you might not have ever seen daylight again....:Laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Onderweg

Onderweg Funster

Have a great time Mike

Paul and Ineke

• Like Like x 1
  5. Helga

Helga Read Only Funster

Great news to hear you are pain free. :BigGrin:
    We are currently in Holland working our way back towards Dunkirk
    Enjoy your trip
    Helga

• Like Like x 1
  6. JJ

JJ Funster

Great to read an informative, happy post about Funsters on tour in their motorhome.

Thanks Mike and Carolyn.

Keep them coming.

JJ

PS. My people are on the way to that restaurant as I write this!

PPS. Photos?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

We are at Lons le Saunier, nice ACSI site. Meg has just been to the vet and had her tapeworm injection prior to coming home on Monday. M. Monnet the vet is about quarter hour walk from the site. Returning via aires at Charmes and Bergues and Cite europe to stock up on Chateaux cardboard:Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  8. scousebird

scousebird Funster

The beer is good in Diekirch! :thumb:

• Like Like x 1