Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
After a quiet night on Marine Parade on Sun we got the 10.00 hrs DFDS ferry to Dunkirk on Mon-think we prefer P&O but DFDS was cheaper ::bigsmile:
Stayed at Cateau Cambresis on Mon night then drove to Hans sur Lesse in Belgium on Tues.
Have to say Belgium seems to be a bit of an inconvenience between France,Holland, Germany and Luxembourg :Smile: Road surfaces were appalling although there did seem to be a lot of resurfacing going on.
This morning we drove to Diekirk in Luxembourg-nice little town,but nothing special.
Tomorrow we head for Luxembourg city and an ACSI site just outside,where we will stay a couple of nights and 'do' the City.
Had lunch in a little cafe today-when I asked for mustard he said that he had Portuguese mustard (tres piquant),then we noticed that tv was showing a Portuguese channel-the owner was Portuguese :Smile:He didn't know JJ personally but had heard rumours of a mad Englishman touring around with an attractive French lady (not really,I'm using poetic license there)

Some of you might remember that I had a Spinal Nerve Root block last Wed ::bigsmile: Am now pain free for 1st time in 18mths ::bigsmile: Wonder how long it will last.
One of 'Jim's' tyre pressure monitors started flashing last night-it was simple matter to put
4lbs pressure back in with our bicycle track pump this morn. So that's proved it's worth in my book-thanks Jim.

Mike.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Do visit the chataux at Clervaux there is a fantastic WW2 museum in the the building and a photo art exhibition up on the hill. One of the best museums I have visited.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Do visit the chataux at Clervaux there is a fantastic WW2 museum in the the building and a photo art exhibition up on the hill. [HI]One of the best museums I have visited.[/HI]

Good job the Curator didn't spot you Roger, you might not have ever seen daylight again....:roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Great news to hear you are pain free. ::bigsmile:
We are currently in Holland working our way back towards Dunkirk
Enjoy your trip
Helga

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Great to read an informative, happy post about Funsters on tour in their motorhome.

Thanks Mike and Carolyn.

Keep them coming.

JJ

PS. My people are on the way to that restaurant as I write this!

PPS. Photos?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We are at Lons le Saunier, nice ACSI site. Meg has just been to the vet and had her tapeworm injection prior to coming home on Monday. M. Monnet the vet is about quarter hour walk from the site. Returning via aires at Charmes and Bergues and Cite europe to stock up on Chateaux cardboard:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back