Help please - green flag

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by movan, May 19, 2011.

1. movan

movan Funster Life Member

:cry: tHAT horrible time of year again where all the renewals seem to appear at once.

Today received my Green Flag recovery renewal, £62. I know there is a thread somewhere already but I am rubbish with the search engine.

Can someone remember which deal turned out to be the cheapest. I just want basic recovery or someone to call out if I get a puncture sort of thing. Rubbish at technical bits... don't know where my spare tyre is .. not the van one anyway!:Sad: Being lone woman traveller with small dog need something reliable to call out. Many thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  2. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

Hi Joy,
    Just had mine through from Frank Pickles.
    UK and European, with no restriction on European trip length, for an S Reg coachbuilt MH.
    £79.50
    Good deal for both Uk and Euro.
    01943 850999. Guy I spoke to last year was Barry, I think.

3. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

I recently renewed my car breakdown policy with Green Flag, and I believe it was about the same premium that you're being quoted.

Thankfully, haven't had to call them our as yet, so can't personally comment about the quality of help they provide in an emergency but I believe they're pretty good.

My wife's car is also covered by a Green Flag breakdown policy.

4. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

5. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Hi Joy

Don't know if you go abroad or not but if you belong to CCC might be worth trying them for RAC you can cover more than one vehicle, if you have a car, for one payment.

6. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Thanks all. Duly noted. :Smile:

7. TDH

TDH Funster

Hello Joy. The firm we used, that was so helpful when we were stuck in France, :)Angry:) is named in our blog. Have a look for more details!

8. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

'Basic' recovery is just that. Look at it, tell you it has broken down and take you to somehwere 10 miles away max.

This may not always be suitable - what I advise anyone, is to buy a full package. It will save you either getting left in the middle of nowhere, or using a garage somewhere strange, where you do not know the competance of the mechanic - and may even get charged a bit more than your local one.

Charges to towing over that get quite high, as they charge both ways, plus vat - typical cost is 2.60 per mile in real terms.

Bear that in mind, and have a look around. But I would advise full cover - being that you are driving your 'home' about, are alone, and have your dog.

9. normanandsue

normanandsue Funster

Greenflag

A MHing friend of mine tried to get MH european cover with Greenflag and was told they dont do Motorhomes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    As I have an EU policy with them I phoned and asked the "young man" if my MH was covered - after describing what a MH was he thought it was covered but now I had asked him he wasn't sure.
    I am going to France so hope I don't need to be repatriated but when policy comes up for renewal I shall not be joining the Greenflag revolution.

Suggest checking with Greenflag if you have policy to make sure you are covered and if enquiring make sure cover is for a MH and not for a plg van.

Norman

• Like Like x 1
  10. rainbow chasers

rainbow chasers Read Only Funster

Green flags EU cover is not cheap! The age of the vehicle also comes into it, which IIRC is ten years old.

Not had any problem with our ones, and they are the same size as yours!

11. rangitira

rangitira Funster

We got full cover with Green Flag, when we go overseas it's with Red Pennent for the time we are away, eg x number of days.

Well worth paying the extra to get full bells and whistles, mind set says "Hey man! my rear is covered with Asbestos!"

Drive Safe Lovely Lady!

12. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Is it cheaper for a pig van than a motorhome?

What would the definition of pig van be?

I got a friend who is a Copper, got me thinking now:RollEyes: