LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:cry: tHAT horrible time of year again where all the renewals seem to appear at once.

Today received my Green Flag recovery renewal, £62. I know there is a thread somewhere already but I am rubbish with the search engine.

Can someone remember which deal turned out to be the cheapest. I just want basic recovery or someone to call out if I get a puncture sort of thing. Rubbish at technical bits... don't know where my spare tyre is .. not the van one anyway!:Sad: Being lone woman traveller with small dog need something reliable to call out. Many thanks in advance.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Hi Joy,
Just had mine through from Frank Pickles.
UK and European, with no restriction on European trip length, for an S Reg coachbuilt MH.
£79.50
Good deal for both Uk and Euro.
01943 850999. Guy I spoke to last year was Barry, I think.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I recently renewed my car breakdown policy with Green Flag, and I believe it was about the same premium that you're being quoted.

Thankfully, haven't had to call them our as yet, so can't personally comment about the quality of help they provide in an emergency but I believe they're pretty good.

My wife's car is also covered by a Green Flag breakdown policy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Joy

it's a bit of a minefield .. a bit like car insurance .. you could compare with moneysupermarket.com

Link Removed

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi Joy

Don't know if you go abroad or not but if you belong to CCC might be worth trying them for RAC you can cover more than one vehicle, if you have a car, for one payment.

OP
OP
movan

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks all. Duly noted. :Smile:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Hello Joy. The firm we used, that was so helpful when we were stuck in France, :)Angry:) is named in our blog. Have a look for more details!

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
'Basic' recovery is just that. Look at it, tell you it has broken down and take you to somehwere 10 miles away max.

This may not always be suitable - what I advise anyone, is to buy a full package. It will save you either getting left in the middle of nowhere, or using a garage somewhere strange, where you do not know the competance of the mechanic - and may even get charged a bit more than your local one.

Charges to towing over that get quite high, as they charge both ways, plus vat - typical cost is 2.60 per mile in real terms.

Bear that in mind, and have a look around. But I would advise full cover - being that you are driving your 'home' about, are alone, and have your dog.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Greenflag

A MHing friend of mine tried to get MH european cover with Greenflag and was told they dont do Motorhomes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I have an EU policy with them I phoned and asked the "young man" if my MH was covered - after describing what a MH was he thought it was covered but now I had asked him he wasn't sure.
I am going to France so hope I don't need to be repatriated but when policy comes up for renewal I shall not be joining the Greenflag revolution.

Suggest checking with Greenflag if you have policy to make sure you are covered and if enquiring make sure cover is for a MH and not for a plg van.

Norman

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
A MHing friend of mine tried to get MH european cover with Greenflag and was told they dont do Motorhomes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I have an EU policy with them I phoned and asked the "young man" if my MH was covered - after describing what a MH was he thought it was covered but now I had asked him he wasn't sure.
I am going to France so hope I don't need to be repatriated but when policy comes up for renewal I shall not be joining the Greenflag revolution.

Suggest checking with Greenflag if you have policy to make sure you are covered and if enquiring make sure cover is for a MH and not for a plg van.

Norman

Green flags EU cover is not cheap! The age of the vehicle also comes into it, which IIRC is ten years old.

Not had any problem with our ones, and they are the same size as yours!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
We got full cover with Green Flag, when we go overseas it's with Red Pennent for the time we are away, eg x number of days.

Well worth paying the extra to get full bells and whistles, mind set says "Hey man! my rear is covered with Asbestos!"

Drive Safe Lovely Lady!

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring

Norman

Is it cheaper for a pig van than a motorhome?

What would the definition of pig van be?

I got a friend who is a Copper, got me thinking now:RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back