Help please .. Austrian vignette info

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Phill D, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Phill D

Phill D

Hi all, been searching for a thread that a funster posted a short while ago about being fined for motorhome over 3.5t and that there was a need to prove that a vehicle was less than 3.5t.

Does anyone know its location as my searches have been fruitless.:Doh:

Many thanks

2. Southampton

Southampton Funster Life Member

Don't know the thread you are talking about but for Austria you need a Vignette for vehicles under 3500kg and for vehicles over 3500kg you need a GO Box. The GO box is significantly more expensive than the Vignette and costs depend on number of axles. I assume if he was fined that he was over 3500kg and had the Vignette and not the GO box.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  3. spongy

spongy Read Only Funster

Hi phill
    You should be able to get all your information from www.go.maut.at I found them very helpfull and will reply to your e.mails. We travelled back through Austria this year and didn't bother with a gobox (we are over 3.5 t ) it was quite easy to avoid the autobahns.

spongy

4. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi
    We have never been to Austria, but a pal of ours was in Germany last year and strayed in to Astria by mistake with no Vignett and was fined. Pete :Sad:

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

God Pete, Your friends are easy to buy for come Christmas. Try a sat nav :Rofl1:

Interesting, when in the Czech republic we had to have a go box for over 3.5t. Just remember to take the thing back before you leave. We strayed in to Poland and had to drive back in to Czech to return the thing :cry:.

do you just leave a CC deposit in Austria the same?

• Like Like x 1
  6. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hey Paul you could have cost me money there, good job they on the dark side so wont see you post Phew, lol :Wink::Wink::Wink:

7. Southampton

Southampton Funster Life Member

No, in Austria you buy the box for 5 euros and load it with the expected toll fees. The box is good for two years. I bought my box in 2011 used it then and again this year, after loading it up again. I never did it but I believe you can take it back for a refund of any credit remaining when you are finished, but not sure on this point.