Help please .. Austrian vignette info (1 Viewer)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi all, been searching for a thread that a funster posted a short while ago about being fined for motorhome over 3.5t and that there was a need to prove that a vehicle was less than 3.5t.

Does anyone know its location as my searches have been fruitless.:Doh:

Many thanks

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Don't know the thread you are talking about but for Austria you need a Vignette for vehicles under 3500kg and for vehicles over 3500kg you need a GO Box. The GO box is significantly more expensive than the Vignette and costs depend on number of axles. I assume if he was fined that he was over 3500kg and had the Vignette and not the GO box.

Last edited:

Deleted User
Hi all, been searching for a thread that a funster posted a short while ago about being fined for motorhome over 3.5t and that there was a need to prove that a vehicle was less than 3.5t.

Does anyone know its location as my searches have been fruitless.:Doh:

Many thanks

Hi phill
You should be able to get all your information from Broken Link Removed I found them very helpfull and will reply to your e.mails. We travelled back through Austria this year and didn't bother with a gobox (we are over 3.5 t ) it was quite easy to avoid the autobahns.

spongy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
We have never been to Austria, but a pal of ours was in Germany last year and strayed in to Astria by mistake with no Vignett and was fined. Pete :Sad:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi
We have never been to Austria, but a pal of ours was in Germany last year and strayed in to Astria by mistake with no Vignett and was fined. Pete :Sad:

God Pete, Your friends are easy to buy for come Christmas. Try a sat nav :ROFLMAO:

Interesting, when in the Czech republic we had to have a go box for over 3.5t. Just remember to take the thing back before you leave. We strayed in to Poland and had to drive back in to Czech to return the thing :cry:.

do you just leave a CC deposit in Austria the same?

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
God Pete, Your friends are easy to buy for come Christmas. Try a sat nav :ROFLMAO:

Interesting, when in the Czech republic we had to have a go box for over 3.5t. Just remember to take the thing back before you leave. We strayed in to Poland and had to drive back in to Czech to return the thing :cry:.

Hey Paul you could have cost me money there, good job they on the dark side so wont see you post Phew, lol :winky::winky::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Southampton

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 16, 2011
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009

No, in Austria you buy the box for 5 euros and load it with the expected toll fees. The box is good for two years. I bought my box in 2011 used it then and again this year, after loading it up again. I never did it but I believe you can take it back for a refund of any credit remaining when you are finished, but not sure on this point.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back