Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
4 speed camera flashes in 2 days.......

Whilst driving the motorhome (3.5T french registered) on a few different 'A' roads from Calais south I got flashed by speed camera's 4 times in two days. The first was on a section of road with a speed limit of 110kph (A13) and my speed was 94kph the next three were on a peage with a speed limit of 130kph (A28) and again I was well under the speed limit doing around 97kph according to gary garmin.
All cameras were of this type View attachment 135336

I don't know if these cameras are set for trucks as well as cars and thought I was a truck....
I await the postie with baited breath to see if I get anything through the post and if i do it will be fun trying to beat the french system..

Wish me luck!

Steve , you know where and how to find me if you need a hand with letter .... I love writing letters to French bureaucracy! LOL !

Affectueusement
Frankie xxx

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Can the cameras discriminate between a motorhome under/over 3.5 tonnes?

I think this is the point,firstly U.K. posters are not all realising you are French reg with a french license,they are not looking at your location :rolleyes:
My old van was 3.2 I used to get flashed occasionally when clearly not above the limit,especially when towing a bike trailer.French reg of course !!
I think the new cameras cannot differentiate between vehicle size and weight.I never received anything so don't think you have to worry.

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Nothing will happen.
Got flashed 4 times last year twice in the van twice on the motorbike never heard a thing.
That was 2 in Austria 1 in France and 1 in Germany I think.

Nuthun'ull harepun, yew say Borr?! Jasus, wees ounlee havtur git flashed unce dunear in Narfuk Borr un'will gee'um a swift kick int'tur conkur reegin,,,
4tyme flashur gornnur bee takun is furkun life in'is ands!!!
wunt evvur gittur 4time flashur int Narfuk Borr, nu'sur, thassur surr'unee! ;)(y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back