Great Site for a Rally

Discussion in 'Rally Planning Discussion and Chat' started by ruffingitsmoothly, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly Read Only Funster

Hi just back from a most enjoyable small rally of the ARV Club at Sea View Swalecliffe, this is an ideal site for a rally. Level field 50 yards from sea with walks or bike rides either direction along the promenade to either Herne Bay or Whitstable. A club house about 200 yards away. Also plenty of room!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards Pat

2. olley

olley Funster

Hi Pat looks a nice spot, very relaxing just watching the sea. But looking at the grass, didn't you upset anybody parking on the golf course? :Rofl1:

Olley

3. lady jann

lady jann Read Only Funster

hi pat ,,

thanks for pics , looks great .:Smile:

4. Red Sonja

Red Sonja Funster

Hi Pat
    This is a favourite site of ours especially as it is only 40 minutes away. Its near both Whistable and Herne Bay with good cycling and walking in both directions. You can also jet ski directly in front of the field. We were then on the Bank Holiday in May when it was wet. Let me tell you that the ducks were in residence on the field where you were parked and also the main camping field. We couldnt use the electric pitch that we had booked as our large van would have got bogged down. But there was some dry spots and we parked up in one of those. The Entertainment in the clubhouse is really good and the prices not too bad.
    Sonja

5. ruffingitsmoothly

Yes Olley they were pretty 'Teed off, putt we ignored them :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: It was a great weekend shame only 8 vans turned up:Sad:

Regards Pat

6. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Maybe you could organise a Fun meet here :thumb:

7. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Wow that looks great.

Mold old girl would sure lower the tone of things amoungst that line up:cry::cry:

8. Tandy

Tandy Funster

Looks like a great site and one to add to my ever growing list of places to visit :Cool:

We are hoping to pick up our very first RV from Darren at Motorhome Medics this Friday :BigGrin:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a easy to get to site near them (Cheltenham) for us to stay for our first night before bringing it home(we live near cardiff) the next day?

Thanks,

Andy

:secret: Yes we are getting VERY excited

9. Forestboy

Hi Andy
    I saw your RV last week when I was in Motorhome Medics talking to Darren. Looks great I'm sure you're gonna love it. There is a site opposite Mootorhome Medics which would be perfect for you as any problems Darren is just over the road. Here is a link;Cheltenham Accommodation - Briarfields Motel & Tourer Park don't know what it's like but always a few RV's in there. If you get stuck or need a hand pm me & I'll give you my mobile as I only live 12 miles away.
    Good Luck

10. ruffingitsmoothly

Hi Rory would love to organise a meet I had one here at my place last year for the ARV Club in September a week after Shepton Show, unfortunately my wife's health is not brilliant (She has a brain tumour) so not really able to plan too far ahead as she has her good and bad days and is very tired most of the time!

Besides judging from the very poor turnout for the Newbury Show/meet it would appear that Funsters are not very keen on traveling south:Sad::Sad:

Pics of the rally last year we had 14 RV's and 1 European motorhome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regards Pat

11. Forestboy

Hi Pat
    Blimey mate your gardens bigger than mine, would'nt wanna cut your grass.:BigGrin:

Must be enough Funsters in the South to have a meet 3000 members can't all be north of the midlands.

So sorry to here about your wife.

12. ruffingitsmoothly

Hi Rory

That is part of an old nursery that closed down next to me and I managed to buy it!

Regards Pat

13. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Wish we had known, its not too far for us.

Funsters, let us know when you are going there again, and we will try to get booked in too.

Can you send me details of the site by PM as it looks a great place from where we are for those weekend trips xxxx

Cheers xxx

14. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

It looks great us lesser mortals would'nt get a look in though, my egg cups were made in the USA does that qualify me:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1: