ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi just back from a most enjoyable small rally of the ARV Club at Sea View Swalecliffe, this is an ideal site for a rally. Level field 50 yards from sea with walks or bike rides either direction along the promenade to either Herne Bay or Whitstable. A club house about 200 yards away. Also plenty of room!

100_1746.jpg

100_1754.jpg

100_1752.jpg

Regards Pat

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Pat looks a nice spot, very relaxing just watching the sea. But looking at the grass, didn't you upset anybody parking on the golf course? :ROFLMAO:

Olley

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Pat
This is a favourite site of ours especially as it is only 40 minutes away. Its near both Whistable and Herne Bay with good cycling and walking in both directions. You can also jet ski directly in front of the field. We were then on the Bank Holiday in May when it was wet. Let me tell you that the ducks were in residence on the field where you were parked and also the main camping field. We couldnt use the electric pitch that we had booked as our large van would have got bogged down. But there was some dry spots and we parked up in one of those. The Entertainment in the clubhouse is really good and the prices not too bad.
Sonja

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Maybe you could organise a Fun meet here :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Wow that looks great.

Mold old girl would sure lower the tone of things amoungst that line up:cry::cry:

Jan 13, 2008
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 2008
Looks like a great site and one to add to my ever growing list of places to visit :Cool:

We are hoping to pick up our very first RV from Darren at Motorhome Medics this Friday ::bigsmile:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a easy to get to site near them (Cheltenham) for us to stay for our first night before bringing it home(we live near cardiff) the next day?

Thanks,

Andy

:secret: Yes we are getting VERY excited

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Looks like a great site and one to add to my ever growing list of places to visit :Cool:

We are hoping to pick up our very first RV from Darren at Motorhome Medics this Friday ::bigsmile:

Does anyone have any suggestions as to a easy to get to site near them (Cheltenham) for us to stay for our first night before bringing it home(we live near cardiff) the next day?

Thanks,

Andy

:secret: Yes we are getting VERY excited

Hi Andy
I saw your RV last week when I was in Motorhome Medics talking to Darren. Looks great I'm sure you're gonna love it. There is a site opposite Mootorhome Medics which would be perfect for you as any problems Darren is just over the road. Here is a link;Link Removed don't know what it's like but always a few RV's in there. If you get stuck or need a hand pm me & I'll give you my mobile as I only live 12 miles away.
Good Luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ruffingitsmoothly

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Maybe you could organise a Fun meet here :thumb:

Hi Rory would love to organise a meet I had one here at my place last year for the ARV Club in September a week after Shepton Show, unfortunately my wife's health is not brilliant (She has a brain tumour) so not really able to plan too far ahead as she has her good and bad days and is very tired most of the time!

Besides judging from the very poor turnout for the Newbury Show/meet it would appear that Funsters are not very keen on traveling south:Sad::Sad:

Pics of the rally last year we had 14 RV's and 1 European motorhome

100_0970-1.jpg

100_0969.jpg

Regards Pat

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Pat
Blimey mate your gardens bigger than mine, would'nt wanna cut your grass.::bigsmile:

Must be enough Funsters in the South to have a meet 3000 members can't all be north of the midlands.

So sorry to here about your wife.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Wish we had known, its not too far for us.

Funsters, let us know when you are going there again, and we will try to get booked in too.

Can you send me details of the site by PM as it looks a great place from where we are for those weekend trips xxxx

Cheers xxx

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
It looks great us lesser mortals would'nt get a look in though, my egg cups were made in the USA does that qualify me:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back