Good price - Pre-loaded Three sims with unlimited calls, texts & data (2 Viewers)

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Was that a section 75 claim ?
I paid £85 through Paypal so doubt it'll be covered unfortunately

As I understand it, if you used your credit card to pay via PayPal you should be ok.

Its got to be worth contacting your bank. Mine were very helpful - they had a standard online claim process where they then decide if your case falls under a chargeback or section 75 claim.

If you’ve got an email response from the seller admitting there is a fault (like the std one Ezekiel sent) then you should have a good chance.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Submitted my S75 claim for SIM bought in Feb'22 and awaiting outcome. For information, paid via PayPal with NatWest MasterCard credit card.

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
I’m sure a knowledgeable re EBay friend told me a few weeks ago that paying via PayPal overrides the S75 claim from your own CC provider direct. They have their own protection he told me.

It sounds right as your not paying for the item by CC your paying your debt to PayPal via your CC.

Mrjenben

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 4, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
I’m sure a knowledgeable re EBay friend told me a few weeks ago that paying via PayPal overrides the S75 claim from your own CC provider direct. They have their own protection he told me.

It sounds right as your not paying for the item by CC your paying your debt to PayPal via your CC.
Looking at the advice online it seems to depend on how you use PayPal.
If it was used purely as a payment processor then you should be covered. As long as you don’t have a credit balance on your PayPal account this should be the case I think.

For the 10 mins it takes to raise a claim surely it’s worth giving it a go?

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
Just seen this as I tried my 3 sim card last week and it didnt work.
I bought my card last April and it failed in May. The seller sent me a new card which worked Ok through the summer. He also sent me a £5 refund as well. However on my ebay & paypal records it shows I had a refund on the item & I therefore cant make any further claim. Oh well, just chalk it off to experience.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
SIM bought in June 2022, & stopped working in October. Section 75 claim submitted in January - I paid via my Tesco card on Apple Pay - claim granted today. I’ve just sent off my form to get the money paid back to my card! Pleased, as I thought I had no chance with it being a late claim!

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I thought I was doing well but I’ve started my 3 sim tonight in the Motorhome and got a message from 3 saying I need a payment card to get online access 😔

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
I thought I was doing well but I’ve started my 3 sim tonight in the Motorhome and got a message from 3 saying I need a payment card to get online access 😔
And now I’m confused and surprised that I’ve started the van Wi-Fi today and it has gone online and is working fine. This is probably due to me ordering a replacement payg sim last night!
Has anyone else still got one of these SIM cards and can try to see if it connects ok?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
And now I’m confused and surprised that I’ve started the van Wi-Fi today and it has gone online and is working fine. This is probably due to me ordering a replacement payg sim last night!
Has anyone else still got one of these SIM cards and can try to see if it connects ok?
Which network is it on ?
Mines on 3 and stopped working completely.
I've not tried it recently but I still have it so could try it later but I doubt if it'll work.
When did you buy and how much did you pay ?

Aug 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Which network is it on ?
Mines on 3 and stopped working completely.
I've not tried it recently but I still have it so could try it later but I doubt if it'll work.
When did you buy and how much did you pay ?
I still have mine which stopped working think it was £
115 for 3 years worked for about 8 months..will try it again next week when back home...but i am not holding my breath !

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I still have mine which stopped working think it was £
115 for 3 years worked for about 8 months..will try it again next week when back home...but i am not holding my breath !
I paid about 85 quid last May and it worked until October. It stopped working in France and I thought it was a roaming limit thing, but it never worked again when I got home.
So I had a decent amount of use from it but disappointed not to get three years worth :(

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
It was a later purchase compared to the rest of you, I had waited until both the feedback was good and also that we had closed the business for the season. I dont get chance to get away when we are open as its a 7 day working week.

Sept 2022 I took the plunge and got a 3 year SIM for the 3 network.

As I was away from home when I tried to use the system and it was coming up with a message about needing a payment card I didn't do any more investigation. Do 3 have a fair usage limit I could have transgressed as I had been watching TV / Youtube on it previously?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back