Good free entertainment!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Portland, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Portland

Portland Funster

We were late getting home yesterday, so we decided to call at Tay Barns restaurant for our evening meal. The food was not that bad (not good) but the entertainment watching others eating and talking (often at the same time) was good fun!! It was like eating with the cast of the Jeremy Kyle show. :Eeek::Eeek::swear2:

• Like Like x 3
  2. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Where is it?

It's probably no worse than most places where people eat in public. Sadly table manners have disappeared. I don't like to go to carvers type places unless I ca wear a blindfold to avoid seeing people eat and earplugs to avoid hearing their little dealings screaming. I wonder if some customers would've better off given dog bowl

I think manners are what make people pleasant to be with. Lack of manners, the opposite.

• Like Like x 2
  3. trophychap

trophychap Funster

It's a chain so they are here there and wherever ! (inc Coventry and Wigan LOL)

4. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi
    The "Ivy ?" Went there once for a meal,and they could not supply me with a "Spoon and scraper". We are all Doomed !
    Tea Bag

5. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Stayed in a Suzuki Hotel in Cairns, staying also were 2 coach loads of Chinese tourists, about 100-120 maybe.
    Breakfast was a laugh a minute.
    The Tourists just couldn't get the hang of a knife and fork, so a full English presented problems. Bacon rashers were speared then held aloft and nibbled from the bottom up, and the runny Eggs, tackled with gusto, left many a shirt dappled in yoke. Toast was speared, held aloft, a chunk bitten off then replaced on the plate. The bowls of cornflakes were held to the chin and the flakes were sucked into the mouth, lots of slurping and coughing as the flakes went "down the wrong way"
    We found out later that the "Tourists" had been given the trip, on the Company, as a reward for their "productivity" in various factories the company owned/ran in China

• Like Like x 9
  6. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

Cant beat a bit of people watching for free entertainment lol.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    I like people watching,often combine it with Bird watching in the supermarket car park.... ( HOUSE MARTINS !!,) nesting under the roof,magic
    Tea Bag

8. jockaneezer

jockaneezer Funster

You forgot to mention them photographing their meals if it was anything like the coach load I came across in Boppard :LOL:

• Like Like x 2
  9. tony_g

tony_g Funster

We went to Japan and we were probably the "entertainment". Fab experience but we didn't know what to do with the buffets. Loads of different bowls of stuff we could have been doing the equivalent of putting tomato ketchup on our cornflakes for all we knew! Just tried to watch what everyone else did. Loved it though.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

I don't know how to take a post like this !
    Are you saying that your better than the people you were dining with ?
    Or maybe your the old couple that sit in the corner of the restaurant looking at others around you and having nothing to say to each other.
    God forbid there were also kids there making noise and having fun.
    Perhaps you should arrange a private dining session with those worthy of your presence !

Vlad the unimpressed .

• Like Like x 4
  11. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

We spent a couple of nights in Tokyo a few years back.

We were lost as well.

Even more so back at the hotel when there were Geisha girls serving Guiness during happy hour:D

12. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi Vlad the unimpressed
    That was the post i wanted to pen,but did not have the words,thank you.
    Tea Bag

• Like Like x 2
  13. Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler Funster

Thanks Tea Bag I'm glad I'm not the only one from the underclasses owning a van !
    I'm thinking of doing a McDonald's meet for any less fussy funsters no snobs or old child hating farts allowed .

Vlad

• Like Like x 4
  14. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Otherwise known as the Crackley Canteen !

15. billym

billym Read Only Funster

I went to Tay Barns near Sheffield last week. I thought the food was ok and good value for money.
    It was busy, very noisy and full of seriously obese scruffy adults and badly behaved kids, none of whom with any table manners, Clearly for many the only exercise they had was standing up and going to refil their plates. So I guess I made a value judgement about those people. Isn't that a normal human thing to do?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Badknee

Badknee Funster

When I was a yoof I worked for the Coop in Bolton town centre, it was a big store and loads of girls worked there. In the canteen at lunch time they, mostly girls, could regularly be seen to eat, drink, talk and smoke all at the same time, I kid you not. It was so they could shoot off quickly as go shopping, it was so funny to watch.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Seems like other people,myself included made a "value judgement". Not a problem,i only hope that if in the event of an accident and the only people about are seriously obese scruffy adults,or badly behaved kids.one or all of them will come to my aid. I will not be the one pushing them away. Many could be on their second/third Step parent and never had the "Sheer luxury" YES "Sheer Luxury" of a normal upbringing,that many people take for granted,as regards the "Seriously obese",have a look at the paintings of Titian and some of his mates,no "Size Zero" there,and they sell for MILLIONS.
    I was/ am guilty of pidgeon holeing people,big mistake. Merc G-Wagons had just come out years ago,went down to size it up,salesman was eager to get some out on the bricks,us living up in the Peak district would give him a mobile advert,so he was doing as much as possible to get me into one. Chap in casual dress ,came up to me while i was having a poke around it and asked,"How much has he offered on your shogun ?". Me,not wanting to put him down or be rude said the truth. "An offer to good to refuse,i doubt if you can match it", he drifted off. salesman came back and asked what he had said,so told him,salesman... "He is the biggest buyer of shoguns in Liecester..." OOPS. Live and let live,they could be carrying a Donor Card.......... .
    Tea Bag.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Well I've had a think about this post as well and equally given it my consideration, and do you know (I have to admit I do like people watching) last year in a reasonably nice resturant on a Sunday there was a family Mum Dad Children (Baby suckling at the breast) nothing wrong with that when your eating your Sunday Dinner, but what did put me off a bit was the mans shorts showing bits that should really not be on show.

Then there was the story the father in law told in a loud voice about going to the toilet that morning and his turd (his words) not going down the toilet and the dog sniffing around it. The young children were well behaved.

Now I'm not a prude (well maybe a little bit) but if that's the kind of things to be seen I'm with the OP.
    As you say we are all different but yes I may be a old fart needing private dining but no we are not all the same, what's wrong with saying so, and I do expect the OP was tongue in cheek.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I have owned quite a few shoguns over the years, was on first name terms with the dealer principal at our nearest large mitzy garage. anyway I used to often wander into the showroom the day an upgrade or revised model came out dressed scruffy in working jeans. The DP used to send anyone new on the salesteam to "deal with me". more than once a spotty teenager in a cheap suit tried to dismiss me considering me a time waster. Pretty funny really, as when they got bored and left me to it. to harass somebody else, I would knock the DPs door and thrash out a deal. of course he also wanted to know what I thought of the newbies sales technique.

just because I rarely wear a suit and often appear scruffy doesnt make me an underclass waste of space. I actually enjoy people underestimating me and use it to my gain quite often. much prefer the company of intelligent common people to snobs who cant see past their own nose in the air. they know who they are and generally have nothing to prove to anyone else

• Like Like x 1
  20. MicknPat

MicknPat Funster

Did it look anything like this? [​IMG]