Going Solo

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by ruraldriver, Feb 3, 2011.

1. ruraldriver

ruraldriver Read Only Funster

Hi everyone,:thumb: Just found this site whilst browsing. I started motorhoming last Sept with a 5 week trip to France, Had a lovely time & will be off again in April till the end of June. I used campsites all the time but on this trip I plan to try some of the aires.
    I really enjoy the fun on this site & I'm thinking of going to the Newark met as I would like to meet up with fellow motorhomers.

Bernard

2. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Welcome to Fun, enjoy.

Peter

3. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello Bernard, and welcome to fun, don't forget if you are going to the Newark Show to state that you are camping with Motorhome Fun on the form, then you will be with us all, look forward to seeing you at a rally.:welcomefunster:

4. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Hi there,
    there are several other solo travellers here, and its all good Fun:BigGrin:

S

5. elegancia

elegancia Read Only Funster

Solo travelling

hi
    I'm hoping to hear from others like me. I've been motorhoming for 3 + years, but having split (amicably) with my partner - I'm now motorhoming alone. Until 6 months ago I hadn't even driven our van (it's left hand drive).

Anyway, a few months on and I've enjoyed several weekends away (alone and with friends). Gained confidence in the driving, cleaning and maintenance. I'm almost ready to take on Europe (although I don't think the day job will approve!)

I'd love to hear from others who travel alone, enjoy single travelling and maybe learn of meets and sites to meet like minded motorhomers.

Bye for now
    Lorraine (near Eastbourne, East Sussex)

6. maz

maz Funster

Hi Lorraine and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

I've been solo motorhoming for 4 months (3 of those as a fulltimer) and am learning a lot as I go along! :Smile:

There might be rallies especially for solos but I'm guessing they'll be few and far between. I just join in with the rest of 'em at 'normal' meets - 'normal' being a pretty vague term when it comes to Funsters! :BigGrin: Hope to see you at one of the Fun rallies .........

7. elegancia

elegancia Read Only Funster

Solo travelling

Thanks Maz

I love the freedom of the motorhome and the thought of just keep going, fulltiming is very appealing. Some years back I took off to Africa for 8 months, once a traveller always a traveller. Overland to Turkey is on my "To Do list "

I love to hear the stories of other's travels. Are you fultiming in the UK - or overseas.

Lorraine

8. maz

maz Funster

Hi Lorraine. I'm in the UK - currently in the Scottish borders. :Smile:

9. Freedom Hunter

Freedom Hunter Funster

Solo Travelling

Hi everyone!

I am a total newbie to 'Fun' and indeed to 'solo' travelling, though have been motorhoming for 3 years. Tomorrow I collect my very own Duetto and am looking forward to my first weekend away this weekend - scary!:Doh:
    I look forward to my first 'funster' weekend and am getting the feeling that I will be welcomed and feel part of the 'crowd' - shame there do not appear to be many 'meets' around the Kent/Sussex area.....

10. Viennese

Viennese Funster

I am collecting

names of those interested in the idea of solo travellers meets - see my thread...
    http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/solo-travellers/49535-solo-travellers-meet-anyone.html