Free Member
Aug 25, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Hi everyone,:thumb: Just found this site whilst browsing. I started motorhoming last Sept with a 5 week trip to France, Had a lovely time & will be off again in April till the end of June. I used campsites all the time but on this trip I plan to try some of the aires.
I really enjoy the fun on this site & I'm thinking of going to the Newark met as I would like to meet up with fellow motorhomers.

Bernard

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello Bernard, and welcome to fun, don't forget if you are going to the Newark Show to state that you are camping with Motorhome Fun on the form, then you will be with us all, look forward to seeing you at a rally.:welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hi there,
there are several other solo travellers here, and its all good Fun::bigsmile:

S

elegancia

Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW Karmann Colorado
Exp
Since 2007
Solo travelling

hi
I'm hoping to hear from others like me. I've been motorhoming for 3 + years, but having split (amicably) with my partner - I'm now motorhoming alone. Until 6 months ago I hadn't even driven our van (it's left hand drive).

Anyway, a few months on and I've enjoyed several weekends away (alone and with friends). Gained confidence in the driving, cleaning and maintenance. I'm almost ready to take on Europe (although I don't think the day job will approve!)

I'd love to hear from others who travel alone, enjoy single travelling and maybe learn of meets and sites to meet like minded motorhomers.

Bye for now
Lorraine (near Eastbourne, East Sussex)

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Lorraine and welcome to the Fun! :welcomefunster:

I've been solo motorhoming for 4 months (3 of those as a fulltimer) and am learning a lot as I go along! :Smile:

There might be rallies especially for solos but I'm guessing they'll be few and far between. I just join in with the rest of 'em at 'normal' meets - 'normal' being a pretty vague term when it comes to Funsters! ::bigsmile: Hope to see you at one of the Fun rallies .........

elegancia

Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW Karmann Colorado
Exp
Since 2007
Solo travelling

Thanks Maz

I love the freedom of the motorhome and the thought of just keep going, fulltiming is very appealing. Some years back I took off to Africa for 8 months, once a traveller always a traveller. Overland to Turkey is on my "To Do list "

I love to hear the stories of other's travels. Are you fultiming in the UK - or overseas.

Lorraine

Freedom Hunter

Free Member
May 6, 2012
Sherborne
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2008
Solo Travelling

Hi everyone!

I am a total newbie to 'Fun' and indeed to 'solo' travelling, though have been motorhoming for 3 years. Tomorrow I collect my very own Duetto and am looking forward to my first weekend away this weekend - scary!:Doh:
I look forward to my first 'funster' weekend and am getting the feeling that I will be welcomed and feel part of the 'crowd' - shame there do not appear to be many 'meets' around the Kent/Sussex area.....

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I am collecting

Hi everyone,:thumb: Just found this site whilst browsing. I started motorhoming last Sept with a 5 week trip to France, Had a lovely time & will be off again in April till the end of June. I used campsites all the time but on this trip I plan to try some of the aires.
I really enjoy the fun on this site & I'm thinking of going to the Newark met as I would like to meet up with fellow motorhomers.

Bernard

names of those interested in the idea of solo travellers meets - see my thread...
Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back