Germany wife not sure! (1 Viewer)

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I have lived in Bavaria for 15yrs and it never gets boring, Germany has a lot to offer apart from Schnitzel and Currywurst, it has many contrasts, going East is a bit like back to the future, Bavaria is all beer, castles and lederhosen, each of the rivers has itĀ“s own style etc, we travel as much here as we do other countries, but once you have a negative about a country itĀ“s difficult to shift it.
Romania and Albania are two places I just canĀ“t get enthused about, have been to both but ..............

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
we did Germany - we did the Mosel river, Rhine, romantic road then Lake Constance (Bodensee) to visit Zepelin Museum & back home through the black forest. Out of all of them the Rhine was the best plcae to visit, lots of riverside campsites and some interesting riverside towns. The Romantic road wasn't worth it apart from a couple of towns - don't see why people rave about it? Lake Constance was ok, Zep museum was good as was Hymer museum.
weather changed & wasn't good so only did black forest for a few nights then headed home. Don't think I'd go back, much nicer places to visit in France but that's only my opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have just finished 2 months in Germany. Went over for the salon and then toured along the fairy tale route for a few weeks. We then went to the Warsteiner brewery tour & campsite. Great tour! Then onto Essen Spiel, camping next to expo centre. Finally a few weeks down the Mosel. Lovely towns, great stellplatz, friendly people. Loved it all! Will be back to do other areas. I would agree with the food not being great. We donā€™t eat meat and the choices are very limited. The cakes are lovely though! The last time we visited Germany we did all big places, Berlin. Dresden etc. Also went to Colditz, well worth a visit. Lovely country

Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
I love Germany. I lived there for 3 years in Westphalia near the border with the Netherlands.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We tried the Mosel. That lasted 2 maybe 3 days, then headed back across to France. German food doesnā€™t help. Itā€™s terrible. Even the Alsace region was too Germanic for wife.
We tried Germany but due to the crap weather and equally crap food we didnā€™t stay long before upping sticks and driving down to Italy.
We then did a cruise down the Rhine and Mosel and found the food good - because we ate on board the boatšŸ˜€.

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
First time this year abroad to France/Belgium and my wife loved it so I said Iā€™ve got 8 days next August available (shut down) how do you fancy Germany ?
We watched a few YouTube videos mainly Cologne/Rhine only having 8 days.
Her response was, it looks to masculine no flowers!
So any help in suggestions for places to visit mainly small pretty town/villages,
We did visit Alsace region for 4 days this year and it was my favourite place.
If you like to have a kind of plan then do the German fairy tale route (look it up on the web). Great fun and come back with a cuckoo clock !

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
we love Germany. Toured in France for years and years... Then found Germany and Austria and love them both...

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
It's odd ?
Realy like Germany (also Austria and North of Italy)
I have had some nice holidays in France and Spain but they just don't click with me the same. Not sure why.
Anyway plan to be heading back next summer. I will have a plan but I don't know why I bother with one as it will change usually by day two.
The Black Forest area didn't click with us for some reason but happy to hit some of the other places we have been again.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 yearsā€¦.
Love Germany but love Switzerland more after our last few trips there.
So friendly and clean wherever you gošŸ˜

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back