Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
reimo have been selling alugas bottles for years .and adaptors for filling german bottles in other countries . uk is way behind . they have had all sorts of things we dont see in our catalogues .
in the reimo cat.of 2000 page 318 article 10. europa -cylinder /filler set/
to be able to fill up german gas cylinders outside the country,4 dofferent nozzles.cat no.75136
same page .alu gas bottle ,aluminium gas bottle.cat no.75012.

Last edited:
OP
OP
motorhomer

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
Just to say I have had Dave Newell fit an Alugas system - 2*11 kg. Cheaper and lighter than gaslow.

I was worried about where the filler could go, but I need not have worried, Dave fitted it in the panel next to the diesel filler. very neat (smaller than I expected).

Dave did a super job, we are very pleased.

Afterwards we asked Dave where the nearest filling place was. It was budget gas, only a couple of minutes from Dave's. As it happens I have an account with budget gas as we have a bulk gas sysem at home (we are not connected to a gas main in our village), so I was able to fill up and just put it on the account!

Many thanks to Dave (and also to those who posted replies here)

Jeff O

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, you may find that if you use your home account to pay for the gas you will get it at a cheaper rate . i can with calor so long as its not for engine fuel. as to be a proper calor depot though .
by the way there is a newish flo gas depot t the end of my road .59.5 for autogas . its on victoria ind ,est, roche .
will not drop the vat for domestic use but dont charge deposits on exchange cylinders over 11kg . so could be usefull for someone.
should be on olley,s list now .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
There have been reports about being refused (Particularly on this site) but I have never heard of any other reports of refusal. There was once a post where people who had been refused were asked to report it and, from memory, I don't think there were any replies.

Not Gaslow, but we were refused LPG at the first station we stopped at going into Italy from France in our Motorhome (Hymer S700) in early February this year. We filled with diesel first before noticing the LPG pump. After paying for the diesel we pulled onto the LPG pump and the lady came over and said "not for cooking" and gestured for us to move off the pump.

We have an 85 litre underslung tank with filler on the skirt.

We went into the next station down the road and filled up without a problem. All of the fuel was attendant served at both stations we called at, no self service at all.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back