Gas Tins

Discussion in 'Cooking' started by ****, Jun 22, 2016.

1. ****

**** Read Only Funster

2. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

My guess is the first, being campingaz should be easier to replace, the disposable campingaz cartridges now having a sort of screw connector, the older ones being pierced. The second might have the Coleman type screw connector which I think may be harder to find.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Cheers DBK ill just get the campingaz stove. Its only something like £3 difference in price and the screw in gas i have see sold in the likes of BM stores and Aldi for the weed burners.

4. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

I would be pretty sure that they are both the same, we have the little campingaz stove and anything with that same style fits OK. Good availability as well as I picked some more up on our travels but cant remember where.

Martin

5. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Nah Martin. The 2nd one (Hi Gear) its a little lever you pull in the stove what pulls the gas canister in to either pierce it or push the end open. Ill have a closer look tomorrow when i go to the shop.

6. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Push in
    Have the single burner stove usung those bottles in them as above place bottle in lift lever to engage turn the dial (pieso)? Ignition
    Shop around for better deal on bottle pound stretchers £4.99 x 4

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

8. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

Thats how the Campingaz stove works, thats what we have, you have to disconnect the canister from the stove when it goes in its case or I should say if you dont it pushes the lever up when you pack it in the case.

Martin

9. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Bugger. I was under the impression it was screw top. :oops: Cool but ill still go for the Campingaz one as its a slightly larger tin

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

They are usually £3.99 for 4 in B&M stores, paying more than that is 'expensive', you can get them abroad but they can be a fair bit more expensive than the UK ones, eg up to €3 for just one can!

Just make sure when you get your stove that you don't put a large frying pan on that overhangs the gas compartment as this can cause the gas canister to overheat apparently.

11. ****

**** Read Only Funster

Aye a guy was saying in the shop. There was no Campingaz ones left to had to but the Hi-Gear anyway what was a bummer as i was in B&M some 20 minutes earlier and could have got a stove from them as £2 cheaper.