Gas Tins (1 Viewer)

?

Deleted User
These i think are screw in

Broken Link Removed

And these are not

Broken Link Removed

Going to buy a cheap camp stove but unsure what is best/available in Euro land just in case i run out of gas. Anyone any idea?

I dont want to carry to many tins.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
My guess is the first, being campingaz should be easier to replace, the disposable campingaz cartridges now having a sort of screw connector, the older ones being pierced. The second might have the Coleman type screw connector which I think may be harder to find.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
My guess is the first, being campingaz should be easier to replace, the disposable campingaz cartridges now having a sort of screw connector, the older ones being pierced. The second might have the Coleman type screw connector which I think may be harder to find.

Cheers DBK ill just get the campingaz stove. Its only something like £3 difference in price and the screw in gas i have see sold in the likes of BM stores and Aldi for the weed burners.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
These i think are screw in

Broken Link Removed

And these are not

Broken Link Removed

Going to buy a cheap camp stove but unsure what is best/available in Euro land just in case i run out of gas. Anyone any idea?

I dont want to carry to many tins.
I would be pretty sure that they are both the same, we have the little campingaz stove and anything with that same style fits OK. Good availability as well as I picked some more up on our travels but cant remember where.

Martin

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
I would be pretty sure that they are both the same, we have the little campingaz stove and anything with that same style fits OK. Good availability as well as I picked some more up on our travels but cant remember where.

Martin

Nah Martin. The 2nd one (Hi Gear) its a little lever you pull in the stove what pulls the gas canister in to either pierce it or push the end open. Ill have a closer look tomorrow when i go to the shop.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Push in
Have the single burner stove usung those bottles in them as above place bottle in lift lever to engage turn the dial (pieso)? Ignition
Shop around for better deal on bottle pound stretchers £4.99 x 4

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Nah Martin. The 2nd one (Hi Gear) its a little lever you pull in the stove what pulls the gas canister in to either pierce it or push the end open. Ill have a closer look tomorrow when i go to the shop.
Thats how the Campingaz stove works, thats what we have, you have to disconnect the canister from the stove when it goes in its case or I should say if you dont it pushes the lever up when you pack it in the case.

Martin

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
Thats how the Campingaz stove works, thats what we have, you have to disconnect the canister from the stove when it goes in its case or I should say if you dont it pushes the lever up when you pack it in the case.

Martin

Bugger. I was under the impression it was screw top. :oops: Cool but ill still go for the Campingaz one as its a slightly larger tin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They are usually £3.99 for 4 in B&M stores, paying more than that is 'expensive', you can get them abroad but they can be a fair bit more expensive than the UK ones, eg up to €3 for just one can!

Just make sure when you get your stove that you don't put a large frying pan on that overhangs the gas compartment as this can cause the gas canister to overheat apparently.

OP
OP
?

Deleted User
They are usually £3.99 for 4 in B&M stores, paying more than that is 'expensive', you can get them abroad but they can be a fair bit more expensive than the UK ones, eg up to €3 for just one can!

Just make sure when you get your stove that you don't put a large frying pan on that overhangs the gas compartment as this can cause the gas canister to overheat apparently.

Aye a guy was saying in the shop. There was no Campingaz ones left to had to but the Hi-Gear anyway what was a bummer as i was in B&M some 20 minutes earlier and could have got a stove from them as £2 cheaper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back