Gas Bottles

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Chris65, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Chris65

Chris65 Read Only Funster

Hi everyone. I introduced myself a month or so ago. We have decided to buy a IH Savannah Gold from the converter. It is an absolute bargain. We are really pleased and very excited. :BigGrin:

I need advice about the LPG. I have had lots of quotes and for a Propane 3.9kg the price is coming out at £45 ish with no exchange bottle. However I have found one company in Walsall called Tents Direct who sell it for £20 with no exchange. I have even phoned them to make sure this is correct and he said it is. What does everyone think? I have always believed if it seems too good to be true then it is. :Confused:

Thanks in advance

Chris

2. Terry

Terry Funster

Ask them if it is calor gas bottle ? if it is go for it :thumb:They usually are about £14/15 to exchange but some charge a deposit on the bottle of around 25 /30 quid which you loose :Eeek: after one yr :Angry:Can you not go to local tip they sometimes have empty bottles (any size) which can be exchanged for any size you require
    terry

3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Is it Tenthire Direct (105A Edward Street Walsall), rather than Tents Direct Chris?

If so then some of their eBay offers specify that exchange or bottle deposit is required and some don't. Given that their prices seem to be the national ones which Calor specify for exchange bottles I would guess that the guy you spoke to has made a mistake or misunderstood.

Having said that, as Terry says, if they are willing to honour that price go for it :Smile:

4. aba

aba

try a local scrap yard they sometimes get them if they scrap a caravan

5. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

If you're a member of your local Freecycle, you could always ask on that.
    Some people have them sitting in sheds, garages etc..