Front scuttle drain holes. (1 Viewer)

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just got the van back from the repairers all nice and clean and shiny again with new LHF wing and side skirts etc after my Italian "prang".. ((£4,300)) not looking forward to next insurance quote..
Then did Techno's mod to the front scuttle on our 2014 Autotrail.
Drilled out the two "minuscule" drain holes to 16mm and inserted two mastic nozzles with half inch garden hose attached and stuck them in with black sunroof sealant. Bit of a bugger to do the RH one due to lack of access, but job done.. Block those up if you can !!
Just got to seal the scuttle together in the centre where it meets the windscreen and lets water into the engine compartment.. And job done.
Quick "shake down" trip to a CL on the Norfolk coast (about 20 miles) for a day or two,
to see what we have forgotten to re-load, then off up to Scotland for a week or two. THEN, we are planning to join some of "the gang" down in Spain for at least January and February.. May even get to Zahora for the first time where a lot of you seem to "lager up".. I heard there is a big birthday "do" on 24th Jan ??? I saw a thread from Mo about it, but can't find it now ??
Nice to have the van back.........(y) Yeeeeha !!(y)(y)

OP
OP
MitchandJenny
Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Hi LDV400. Techno did this job 1st and documented it all very well.
Have a look at his entry, he's very professional chap..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back