LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We were shopping in a supermarket and Mrs Badknee asked had we got all the connectors we might need so I had a look in the gardening section and there it was, a humungus fitting with a smaller insert so for €3 I thought why not? Add it to the collection and the very next place we stopped, you guessed it, we needed it. :LOL:

Note to self, if you see a fitting you don't have buy it, you never know when it will come in handy :whistle:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
plenty of options if you want a tap connection which can also be used to control the flow..

View attachment 81060

%21Bmb27Pw%21mk%7E$%28KGrHqUOKj0EtlhSw,9pBLflQQhmb%21%7E%7E_35.JPG

31QpWozElKL._SX300_.jpg

31q2jXLDJnL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg
Yes Jim, that's the sort of thing I made up out of my lads tool box (he's a plumber) make sure peeps you close the tap before plugging it in. (y)

Rapido924f

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
Have about 4 sizes for use in France and Spain. Smallest at Biarritz and largest at Segovia- no idea of measurement. Also a male/male at a few locations e.g. Quiberon in lower section.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2018
Dorset
Funster No
MH
GLOBECAR CAMPSCOUT
Exp
Since 2019
I've just been searching through threads to try to see what I need for connecting to one of these - I'm not sure if it's the same as the one in the OP. I didn't have a connector that would fit but tried a standard Hozelock type spout on it and it didn't seem to fit well enough to stay in. We've come across two of these in our travels in France over the past few weeks. Any ideas what I need to bring to connect to these on our next one?
IMG_9179.jpeg

May 2, 2024
Funster No
MH
Rapido
We have recently returned from three weeks touring France, on two Aires, (Sassenge and Annot) the drinking water connection on the service post,was not the normal BSP threaded tap. Neither had a tap to turn on/off, only what I suspect was a fitting similar to that for which a male "Hoselock" adaptor would push into. There is a"pin" in the centre of the fitting,which perhaps is a part of how it operates to allow water to flow. The water was free, so there was NO payments involved.
I asked two French M/Homers, neither had any idea what fitting could be used.
Has anyone come across these connections, View attachment 81024 if so, what connector fits them please ?
Yes we came across just this in Le Mans last week....as has been said just a male to male connector and once inserted the flow should start.....Ours required a payment, not a big deal but as soon as we had paid the water flowed!!

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Last year I found a fresh water connection at a CCP site that needed a 1" screw on connection rather than the usual 3/4" connection found almost everywhere, except for the odd 1/2" connection.
It was a newly refurbished site so maybe something we may see more of.

I managed to pick up a 1" connection but it took some tracking down.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Last year I found a fresh water connection at a CCP site that needed a 1" screw on connection rather than the usual 3/4" connection found almost everywhere, except for the odd 1/2" connection.
It was a newly refurbished site so maybe something we may see more of.

I managed to pick up a 1" connection but it took some tracking down.
I needed a 1" connector in Italy a couple of years ago and found that if you unscrew the rubber part of this type of adapter then there's a suitable connector left behind

1714946750071.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
As above you have to push the collet back to connect the male hoselock… and as been said before the one I used had such great pressure it was like a fireman’s hose I was chasing it all over the aire, I had an expanding hose too and it was like being attacked by an Anaconda….😆😂🤣

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back